j.jk ↠ too damn loud

TOO DAMN LOUD

-------------- ★ --------------

Author's Note:

★ Jungkook x Reader

★ c. 10,000 words

★ real life fic (jk is an idol in this one)

★ mature content warning obviously, you get it by now

-------------- ★ --------------

"I got a noise complaint, so I can't sing loudly at night

"I got a noise complaint, so I can't sing loudly at night."

- Jungkook on livestream, 230505

-------------- ★ --------------

The shit hit the fan at midnight.

Midnight is supposed to be a time of quiet, where you live. When you reside in a luxury apartment on the prestigious Hill in Hannam-dong, you expect it to be an oasis of peace when you return from work.

You are, quite literally, paying for the privilege. An extortionate amount, in fact.

But it's worth it. After a long day at the office - or at court, depending on if you have a trial that day - sometimes you don't come in until the later hours of the evening. A swift workout, dinner and shower later, you are pretty much sleepwalking towards your bed, ready to drift into a dreamless sleep, free of affadavits and witnesses and the other stresses that came with being the top lawyer at your firm in Seoul. 

That evening was like any other. You came home, dead on your feet, and went clumsily through the motions of your nighttime routine. After narrowly avoiding putting your toothpaste on your cheeks and your moisturiser in your mouth, you collapsed into bed, ready to sink into a precious few hours of sleep before your early morning meeting.

Until five minutes later, at midnight. 

When he started singing. 

"Army!" came an irritatingly adorable giggle from next door, through what sounded like a karaoke microphone. "Did you miss me?"

You huffed, pulling a pillow over your head as your neighbour launched into a rendition of Ditto by New Jeans. 

Really, dude?!