j.jk ↠ total knockout

T.K.O

[𝑡𝑜𝑡𝑎𝑙 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑐𝑘𝑜𝑢𝑡]

-------------- ★ --------------

Author's Note

Jungkook (JK) x Reader

c. 10,000 words

★ Being the daughter of a mafia boss means you're used to strange noises in your house, but one night curiosity gets the better of you, and you find your father's favourite henchman, arms raised aloft in victory as he champions an underground boxing match. Strange, since he's so shy and reserved towards you - but that's about to change, if you have anything to say about it...

mature content warning

-------------- ★ --------------

"There's no knowing what will come, but hard work will get us somewhere

"There's no knowing what will come, but hard work will get us somewhere."

- Jeon Jungkook

-------------- ★ --------------

You were used to the sound of screams coming from your house, just not from the basement.

Your father was a straightforward man. One who liked to get things done, who didn't hide away his dealings in shady underground rooms. If your father was doing business, he would be doing it on the ground floor, in a lofty reception room, for everyone to see.

And that's why the noises coming from the basement confused you.

At first you thought maybe you were hallucinating. Medical school was taking it's toll on you both physically and mentally, and your hospital placement that you'd just finished was nearly sixteen hours long. Dragging your feet all the way home - you'd insisted on walking instead of using your father's chauffeur - you wanted nothing more than to strip out of your scrubs, take a long hot shower, and collapse into bed.

But the curiosity about what was happening in your basement overwhelmed you. You had to see it for yourself.

The daughter of a mobster is always wary of strange noises coming from a room, and so you braced yourself for gore and violence, but when you descended the outdoor steps noiselessly and punched in the passcode, you were greeted with a type of violence you hadn't expected at all.

In your own house's basement, at midnight on a Thursday, a full scale boxing match was taking place.

You peered through the door, too nervous to enter the room entirely. If your father spotted you here, you were dead - you'd done a fantastic job the last few years of feigning ignorance about his operations and you weren't about to ruin it. Even still, you cracked the door open just slightly, taking in the stench of sweat and the tangy metal of fresh blood that met your nostrils as soon as you did.