k.nj ↠ overboard

if you've ever wanted a story that is the epitome of the 'it's cuffing season' song... here it is. 

사랑해 💜

OVERBOARD

-------------- ★ --------------

Author's Note:

Namjoon (RM) x Reader

14,000 words

in which you get stranded on your private island with a very grumpy sailor, who doesn't like you one bit.

mature content warning

-------------- ★ --------------

"I'm fuckin' lonely, alone on an island

"I'm fuckin' lonely, alone on an island."

- Kim Namjoon, Lonely

-------------- ★ --------------

"Darling! We're leaving!"

You sighed as your father's voice echoed up the stairs, fixing your earring into place as you finished getting dressed. It was boiling outside already at only midday, but the air conditioning made your room dry and cool. Out the window, the Atlantic ocean stretched as far as the eye could see, not a person or object for thousands of miles.

That was one of the benefits of owning a private tropical island - there really was a whole lot of privacy involved.

As you descended the marble staircase, seeing the piles of luggage heaped around the front door to the villa, your heart leapt into your throat.

It was really happening.

Today was the last day of four glorious weeks of summer holiday. Your mother, father and brother were rushing around downstairs, busy packing last minute items into cases, before boarding their yacht for a gentle week-long cruise back to your family home on the mainland.

You would not be accompanying them.

"Took you long enough," teased your brother as you descended the stairs, watching him stuff yet another Gucci t-shirt into his case. "Could you at least help?"