m.yg ↠ studio lighting

STUDIO LIGHTING

dedicated to KikiMinOT7

-------------- ★ --------------

Author's Note:

Yoongi (Suga) x Reader

falling for someone is never easy - especially when he never comes out of his studio.

12,000 words

mature content warning

-------------- ★ --------------

"We drown in work, even if our youth rots in the studio

"We drown in work, even if our youth rots in the studio."

- Min Yoongi, Black Swan

-------------- ★ --------------

"I have coffee!"

The rain droplets fell freely from your hair and coat as you pushed the front door of the studios with your shoulder. Immediately, you were enveloped in warmth, contrasting the dampness outside. It was November, and New York seemed to be shrouded in a constant grey drizzle at this time of year.

"Bout time," Taehyung grinned up at you teasingly from behind the front desk with a huge smile. "Did you actually go to Colombia and grind the beans yourself? You've been gone for ages."

You rolled your eyes as you moved past him to the recording rooms. "As if you care, you don't even like coffee."

The truth was, you had just been admiring the rain.

There was something really reliable about it. It fell differently around the world, at different times of the year, but here in New York it always fell in steady sheets, painting the whole city in a glistening top coat.

Rain gave everything a slight dose of magic.

Especially the big city.

The problem was, you were constantly distracted by your awe of nature - rain in particular - so a five minute coffee run had turned into a thirty minute one, before you finally realised you were still on shift, and headed back to the recording studios. Luckily for you, Taehyung was a fairly laid-back manager, and the evening shift at Inner Child Studios was never busy.