m.yg ↠ house of cards

be gentle with this one. it's close to my heart. 

borahae, bagels <3

HOUSE OF CARDS

for minnyooongii

-------------- --------------

Author's Note:

Yoongi (Suga) x Reader

c. 8,000 words

mature content warning

trigger warning: deals with the topic of depression

-------------- --------------

"Love is pouring out in the spring day, even though it's like sunlight; the strong waves of the winter sea that came in before we knew it."

- Agust D, SDL   

-------------- --------------

Pachalbel's Canon in D began to resonate throughout the church from some unseen organ player, marking the start of the inevitable. 

It was happening. 

From behind the closed double doors, you could hear the gathered congregation rising to their feet in a unified shuffle. You glanced around quickly at the people gathered with you in the alcove. All of them were serene and excited, glancing back at you every few moments with a reassuring smile, as if to ensure you too were as excited as them. You smiled back as convincingly as you could. 

Truthfully, you had no idea why you weren't excited to be getting married.

It had started a few days ago, up until which you had been really, genuinely looking forward to it, despite the stress of planning it all. It was like the reality of this actually happening had hit you. At first you thought it was pre-wedding jitters, but they were still here. Like some kind of clinging feeling you just couldn't shake off, no matter how hard you tried to ignore it.