j.jk ↠ my fighter

MY FIGHTER

-------------- ★ --------------

Author's Note:

inexperienced JK (Jungkook) x slightly older reader

in which you take a shy, reclusive spy under your wing, not realising he'd grow up into a fine ass man.

10,000 words

mature content warning: language, smut

-------------- ★ --------------

"Close the door now, when I'm with you I'm in utopia

"Close the door now, when I'm with you I'm in utopia."

- Jeon Jungkook, Euphoria

-------------- ★ --------------

"This is hopeless."

Next to you, Namjoon dropped his notes onto the boardroom table with a sigh and placed his head in his hands, rubbing his temples. He was clearly stressed.

"Aish, Namjoon-ah. Don't be so downhearted. We have two great picks already," chimed Hobi, from across the table. He looked at you and waggled his eyebrows, as if to say, help me out here.

You took the hint and plastered a smile on your face. "Yeah, Hobi is right. Jimin and Taehyung might be young, but they can learn."

"But it's just two," Namjoon groaned. "Two additional operatives. I mean, we need three at an absolute minimum, now that Jin has retired, and half of these candidates can barely tie their own shoelaces together, let alone be trusted to complete a mission."

"I agree," Yoongi drawled from the other side of the table. He had his feet up on another chair and looked to be in a semi-sleeping state. "The pool of candidates is desperately bad this year."

You let out a long sigh yourself. These deliberations had now been taking place for hours between you and your three colleagues - Namjoon, Yoongi and Hobi - about who would be joining your team of intelligence operatives this year.

Running the most highly specialised unit in the secret service was never easy, but up until now it had been fairly predictable. It had always just been the five of you - the four in this room, plus Jin - and you had always run as a well-oiled machine.