j.hs ↠ across the hall

ACROSS THE HALL

-------------- ★ --------------

Author's Note

Hoseok (J-Hope) x Reader

c. 8,000 words

Your best friend Jimin wants nothing more than to get into his grumpy neighbour's pants, and he needs you to distract said neighbour's sunshine-powered roommate to do it. But what happens if Jung Hoseok starts to rub off on you? Will you be able to handle it?

mature content warning

-------------- ★ --------------

"There's not a person who gives us strength as much as Hobi hyung

"There's not a person who gives us strength as much as Hobi hyung."

- Jeon Jungkook

-------------- ★ --------------

"Oh come on, please!"

"No, Jimin."

"It's just one more time!"

"No. You know my rule."

"It's a ridiculous rule."

"Jimin, I said no."

Jimin huffed and flounced over to the couch, falling onto it dramatically. "It's like you're not even my best friend sometimes."

You rolled your eyes. Jimin really did have a flair for the dramatic.

For the last five months, Jimin has had a singular goal. When Jimin decided he wanted something, he stopped at nothing to get it.

And this time, he wanted the grumpy neighbour who lived across the hall, otherwise known as Min Yoongi.

"Jimin, I told you before and I'll tell you again. I don't date, especially not the same guy twice."

"But it's not really even a date! It's a four-person outing to an amusement park where I just happen to need you to distract Yoongi's clingy roommate so I can hold his hand."

"So it's another double date? For God's sake, why don't you just ask him out on a normal date?"

"He won't go on a normal date with me," Jimin huffed again, crossing his arms. "He's just in denial about his feelings."

"Jimin," you began exasperated. "The last time we went out, the guy straight up ignored your flirting for the entire evening. It was painful to watch."

Jimin grinned. "That's what he wants me to think. But I can take a hint, you know. I know he wants me."