Chapter 4

As soon as the man entered the dining hall, he spoke in a booming voice, "Kon mujhe se kya baat karega?" The suddenness of his arrival and the tone of his voice made everyone freeze in their seats. Cold sweat droplets began to form on their foreheads as they wondered how this person who was supposed to come tomorrow came at this hour of night. However, Daljeet seemed unfazed by his presence. She looked as happy as a 12th standard student whose exams had just been cancelled due to Covid. Meanwhile, the other members were happy and worried at the same time. They were unsure of how much he had heard from their conversation. The man who had entered the dining hall was none other than the one and only VARDHAAN CHOPRA.

As Daljeet hugged her grandson, she exclaimed with joy, "Haye mere bache tusi aage main dasa vi na sakadā ki main kitni khush hu!" [Oh my child you have come, I can't even tell how happy I am.] Vardhaan smiled warmly at her words and touched her feet to seek her blessings. He then proceeded to do the same with all the elders of the family and embraced his siblings. The Chopra family was finally complete, they gathered around the dinner table for a delicious meal.

Vardhaan's POV

It was almost 10 p.m. when I arrived at my house's parking lot. I was surprised to see the lights glowing inside the house at this hour. Usually, by now, all the elders would have been asleep, and hardly any lights would be on. As I walked towards the house, I silently prayed that my family wouldn't bring up the topic of my marriage again.

Upon entering the house, I greeted Ketli kaki and asked about my mom's whereabouts. She informed me that everyone was in the dining hall for dinner. As I walked towards the hall, I overheard my chachi saying, "Ha Vardhaan se baat kon khega?" This piqued my curiosity, but I was sure it wasn't about my marriage since they talked about it freely with me.I still remember a month ago when Dadaji had asked me about my plans for marriage in front of the staff and board members during a meeting, which had been quite embarrassing for me. So, to satisfy my curiosity, I asked, "Kon mujhe se kya baat karega?" Everyone was stunned and shocked, except for Bebe, who was over the moon.

She ran towards me and expressed her happiness. All the members followed suit, and I took their blessings before we went to have our meal. However, no one told me about the matter they were discussing earlier. I wanted to ask again but before that dadaji said he wanted to talk to me in front of all family members tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. after, morning prayer and everyone should be in the living room. We had our meal in silence after that.

As I retired to my room I wished that the talk I am going to have tomorrow is not related to my marriage. I am tired of explain them that at this time my career business everything is in growing phase. It needs my undivided attention. I mean I will marry but after 3~4 years not right now. I am currently establishing Chopra industries in nanotechnology. I am very stressed about that matter I don't want another stress right now. Thinking all this I drifted to sleep.

Next morning as said last night everyone was present in the living room. As my eyes wondered around I saw Mom and chichi were delighted, my sibling and cousins were exceptionally excited, my dad and chachu looked towards me hopefully and dadaji seemed determined. Now I am damn sure it's about my marriage. Aaah!!

"So Vardhaan last night before your arrival we were discussing who will give you the good news that we found the best girl for your marriage." Dadaji said to which Bebe scoffed. "Seriously, this was your urgent matter for which I was called?" I questioned and everyone nodded their head in agreement. "Beta (child) this girl is really good." Mumma said. "Really!?" "Yes my child she is well educated, a doctor by profession, beautiful and smart. Her name is Koyal." Chachi said. "And how old is she?" "She will be 23 next month" Grandpa replied immediately and I scoffed, "She is almost 4 years younger than me" I said. "So beta shadi mein 8~10 saal ka difference bhi chalta hai" chachu counter replied me. I so wanted to roll my eyes. [So, in a marriage even 8~10 years age gap works]

Aaaaaa still I don't want to marry." I said to them. "Lekin kyu bete? This is the right age to get married, in this age it is easier to adjust with someone, the relationships made at this age are stronger. Your wife will be your best friend your inspiration, she will share each moment of your life, she will lessen your grief and add to your happiness" Papa said. "Okay papa the remake of Vivah film is not happening here that you are telling me exact lines from the flim." I replied to which Sameer laughed out while Amu and Abhi tried controlling their laugh and the elders especially papa glared at me. Obvo bro, tune baat hi asie boli hai my conscience said. [obvo bro, you said something ,like that.]

"Vardhaan please say yes to this marriage, this is my last request for you child" Dadaji said again to which I replied "Is that really your last request, or having a great grandchild is? You want me to marry, and just like you all are pressurizing me to marry, you all will pressurize me to have a child. Do you not realize this will destroy that poor girl's life?" Everyone looked at me seriously I know what I said was quiet blunt and rude but that is what the truth is. I had to say them this way cause my family just doesn't seem to understand it the polite way. There is no way I am destroying that budding doc's life.

"No child, I only want you to marry her. I give you my words no one will ever pressurize you or Koyal to have children, that will be completely your decision. You have my word in this. Koyal will also continue her study and work after marriage. Please just say yes for this alliance." Saing this dadaji was about to join his hands in front of me when I stopped him and said that I will say yes to this marriage, but the girl's family will inform first then we will give our answer. Everyone nodded their head in happiness. I hope that girl will say no.

.

.

.

.

Hey guys

How was the chapter?

What are your thoughts about Vardhaan?

Koyal's POV in the next chapter.

Thank you so much guys for giving my book so much love. I really appreciate it. It really means a lot.

Please comment down your thoughts and Please Vote the chapter.

Please share it with your friends as well if you like the story.

See you in the next chapter.

Thank you.