Chapter 56

Vardhaan's POV

After having that argument sort of thing I was unable to sleep, I thought of calling her but at that point I was just tired, I didn't feel like coaxing her for now at least. When she married me she was young, was manipulated to marry me, fine so I gave her time, space everything she wanted, but I also expect some things from my life partner, understanding me is one of them.

With a sour mood I started my day. I went for my jog, cleaned my house, made breakfast, had it and went to my office. This auditing time is quiet an eventful time all around the year. It makes me very busy.

I was doing my work as usually and half the day was gone but the pile pending files on my desk was not even half. God I need to check them fast. I was so busy doing my work that I didn't even realize it was evening already. At least my pending files were over. It was a difficult day that was at last over.

I went back home on time after days. On my way back I saw that Koyal had not texted me anything. Aah! I guess it's time to coax my love. With that thought I went to my apartment. I was starving so I ordered some food form a restaurant on my way back.

After having my food I was about to call Koyal as she must be off work by now just then I received a call from an unknown number. I answered it, "hello, yes I am" "Okay how can I help you?" "What okay keep him there I am on my way" I said taking my car keys.

The call was from a bar, it was the bartender who called me as we were kind of regular there. Kabir was there in some trouble. When I reached the bar I saw that Kabir was completely wasted there, and yet was drinking. What on earth is wrong with him! I went to him.

"Kabir!" I called him, but he didn't even feel me touch him, let alone hear me call him. He is too drunk. The bartender who called me came to me. I thanked him for calling me and paid Kabir's bill I also tipped that bartender as he usually serves us. Now the tough task, taking him with me.

"KABIRR" I shook him hardly. "Vardhaan, mere dost" He said and tried getting up, but failed miserably. I gave him a little support and helped him stand up. He gave me a bro hug and I now I need no words by him to tell me that he is emotional. I know he is sad. "Let's get going Kabir" I told him. "NO" he said. "Come on, will you not come with me? Who is going to make me food?" I tried to use emotional blackmailing him, "No, do it yourself. I don't want to go. I will stay here." He said again. After a lot of effort and dragging for fifteen minutes did I took him to the car.

[Vardhaan My friend]

What on earth made him like this? I hope it's not because of that mysterious girl. As much of what I have heard from Kabir about her, she seems to be a amazing person, but just not the one for him. Kabir is cheerful, friendly type of person, at times people take him to be a play boy as well but honestly he is a one man woman type person. I am just praying that he is not getting his heart broken by that girl.

With lots of effort I took him to my apartment because on the way he was constantly mumbling that he doesn't want to back to his. I guess my poor buddy got his first heart break. Just as I was helping him with his blazer, that idiot decided to vomit, on my floor. God I have to clean this.

I helped him clean himself, then helped him change and then finally tucked him to bed. I hope he will be alright tomorrow morning. It broke my heart to see him like this. So after that I cleaned my floor, took a shower. I saw the time it was past midnight again. So I decided to call tomorrow anyways right now even I am not at the best state of my mind. If I call her right now most probably we will end up having another tiff, so I just went to bed.

I woke up around seven thirty. I went to the guest room to check on Kabir, he was still asleep. I think I should make him some good breakfast. I started making him his favorite breakfast and a hangover drink. For a change I also made both of lunch and packed it, just as I finished packing the lunch boxes I heard Kabir come out of the room.