Chapter 61

Koyal's POV

I am naturally a very impulsive, sensitive, overanxious, and ruminative. I get anxious over small things, but Vardhaan handles these traits of mine with such care and ease. He always reassures me that my feelings are not uncommon. He gives me the strength and support I longed for from my grandmother, uncle, and aunty ever since my parents left. However I was always told that my feelings were sometimes too out of the blue, or sometimes too unrealistic. Never once did they tell me that my feelings were normal and justified. I was never reassured that I was strong enough to solve and survive the obstacles of my life. My grandmother always told me that considering how I am no man would ever want to be with me and then there is Vardhaan.

My ray of light. Vardhaan is the lamp that lights up my dark and mundane life. He is my protector. I know Vardhaan never says in words but I can see how much has he waited for me. He fought for my dreams for me. He helped me seek that help which I needed for years. He just encourages me to be the best of myself.

"Bhabhi mum is calling you." I heard Amrita shout from the door. "Okay" I replied. I quickly looked at the mirror and I did look good. I may be a doctor who loves the scrub but sarres hit a different nerve. Specially this look. I am wearing a light pink saree with patterns of darker shade of pink. My hair is neatly plated and then there is my vermillion at the center of my hairline. There is a thin layer of khol kajal and lip bam. Small ear studs with only my nuptial chain hanging around my neck. My engagement ring and a few pink bangles on both my hands.

Man do I look good. I was awestruck by my own beauty. My senior in college was absolutely right when she said, "Scrub aur sarree dono ki khubsurti alag hai. Dono hamri personality change kar sakte hai." I quickly took the black thread Vardhaan got me in the temple yesterday and tied around my leg to protect myself from evil eye. Now I am ready to face the world. I moved out the room with a new confidence.

[Scurb and sarre both has its own beauty. Both of them can change our personality and aura.]

As I moved out of the room I saw Ketli kaki I asked her where mum was and she said in the lawn with bebe. I was now moving towards them. Yesterday when we arrived here, Bebe was all in tears to see Vardhaan after so many days. Vardhaan was also emotional but he handled her and himself. This is another one thing I like about Vardhaan, he may disagree on a lot of things with his grandparents but still manages to love them just the same if not more.

"Good morning bebe." "Good morning Maa." I wished them as I touch their feet. Both of them blessed me. Then bebe said, "Koyal, puttar sab thik. Tu khush toh hai nay aha aake? Koi pareshani?" I was shocked. Is she asking genuinely or is it a trap? Whatever it is I will give a politically safe answer.

[Dear, is everything fine. You are happy, right? Any problem?]

"Sab thik bebe. Koi pareshani nahi hai." I answered to which she smiled and then said, "Tu itne mahine vilayat rahi hai, aaj mein tere liye khas pinni banugi. Dekh kitni kamzoor si lag rahi hai." I smiled at her shocked. What is happening? She is so nice. Not that she was ever rude to me or taunted me or you know said me bad things but she is from what I have seen and heard in these years a little like my own grandmother but her she is showing a different story.

[Everything's fine babe. There is no problem.] [You have been abroad for so many months, today I will make special sweet for you. Look how weak you have become.]

I sat there with her for almost two to three hours she talked to me about so many things. She was just so sweet. This was the first time I talked to her so much in these four years. And I enjoyed it so much. Her words were filled with so much love. Now I am making lunch for everyone. I just realized I have never done that. A big reason for that is I always came here on too special occasions when there were too many people and cooks to feed those many people.