The one to blame

"Now that I have told you the truth, let's get to the fun part, shall we?" She smirked and the smile on her face raised even more questions.

But moments later she left me, which led me to wonder what her next step in that plan would be.

Suddenly, the door creaked open again, and the same two men walked in. One of them was holding a camera, and the other had a menacing look on his face. They walked over to me and stood in front of me, their faces twisted into cruel smiles.

The man holding the camera aimed it at me, and I felt a cold sweat break out on my forehead. I immediately realised what was about to happen.

"Say hello to the camera, Y/N" The man holding it said as he winked at me.

I clenched my jaw and refused to say anything. Then, the other guy stepped forward and grabbed me roughly by the hair, pulling my head back. I opened my mouth in pain, and both of them laughed.

I closed my eyes, trying to block out the terror that was consuming me.

...

Seeing what was happening to me overwhelmed Simon. He wanted to help, but he didn't know how. He wished he could take away my pain and suffering, but he felt powerless.

As he watched the video, he couldn't take his eyes off me. Simon analysed every part of it, trying to understand where I was held captive.

But nothing could have prepared him for what he saw next.

...

As the man holding the camera continued to film, the other man suddenly without a single warning punched me hard in the stomach. I gasped for air as the pain shot through me, trying my best to regain my breath.

"Why are you doing this?" I managed to wheeze out, my voice barely audible.

"Shut up, you whore" He spat out, his eyes filled with rage.

"We'll ask the questions here" The other one added.

He punched me again, harder this time, and I felt tears streaming down my face. I tried to curl up in a ball to protect myself, but the ropes kept me bound.

With satisfaction on his face, the man continued to record. I could hear him laughing as I was punched again and again, each blow feeling more brutal than the last.

I felt helpless, alone, and afraid. It seemed like there was no end to the torture they were willing to inflict upon me. I closed my eyes, hoping that I could somehow block out the pain but nothing seemed to help me ease it.

I then received a punch in the face. I felt a sharp pain shoot through my nose as the force of the blow sent me reeling backwards. My head spun as blood trickled down my nose and my vision blurred.

But he kept standing over me, his fists clenched, ready to strike again.

Before I could recover, he punched me in the face again, and my cheekbone almost cracked under the force of the blow. My head snapped to the side, and I tasted blood in my mouth. 

But it wouldn't have been me if I hadn't spat a mouthful of blood right into the man's face.

He then recoiled, wiping his face in disgust, and for a brief moment, the violence stopped. For a second, I felt a sense of satisfaction, as if I had struck a small blow against my captors. But the feeling was short-lived, as the man's anger flared up again and he struck me once more.

I tried to raise my arms to shield myself, but the ropes prevented me from doing so. I was completely defenseless.

As the man continued to pummel me with his fists, I could feel myself slipping away into a haze of pain and fear.

...

Simon shifted his gaze away, not wanting to see me suffering so much. He looked out the window, small tears welling up in his eyes. He took a deep breath and wiped them away before turning back to the video.

...

As the man's fists finally stopped raining down upon me, gasping for air I tried to process what had just happened. My body was battered and bruised, and I could feel my face swelling from the blows.

But instead of continuing the violence, the two men began to talk to me, their tone mocking and cruel.

"You know what's really funny, Y/N?" He asked, and then he continued to laugh.

"Your sweet sweet boy Simon. He thinks he can save you. But he's never going to find you in time" The other man laughed, joining in the taunting.

"Yeah, we're going to have some fun with him too" He said, grinning.

"We'll send him this little message, let him know what we're doing to you"

I tried to hold back tears as I listened to their sickening conversation. I was filled with dread, knowing that I was at the mercy of those ruthless animals.

"Your Ghosty, well, let's just say he'll be too busy grieving to be talking to anyone" The man holding the camera chuckled.

I felt a sense of rage welling up within me.

"You're sick" I spat out, my voice filled with venom.

"You're both sick bastards"

"Oh, don't be so rude, our sweetheart"

A moment of silence followed before he continued "I think it might be enough for today. Before we leave, do you have anything to say?"

I was hesitant at first. I knew shouting the real reason why I was there would have led them to deleting the video. But then, at the last second, a sense of hope washed over me as I remembered one small detail.

"Yes, yes I do" I took a deep breath as I tried to calm my storming emotions.

"Listen to your heart. Whatever you do, Simon, do not become a brainless fuck" My gaze was sharp as never before as I knew Simon would be smart enough to understand my hint.

...

As Simon watched the video, his face grew increasingly grim. The footage was grainy and difficult to make out, but the sounds of my screams and the sickening thud of fists hitting flesh were unmistakable.

He watched as the two men tormented me, making fun of me and taunting me with cruel words. And then, as they started talking about him, he felt a surge of anger and frustration welling up within him.

He put his fingers between his eyebrows, rubbing the spot as if trying to ease the tension that was building there. He felt completely helpless, unable to do anything to save me from the nightmare I was living through.

But as he heard me say 'do not become a brainless fuck' he immediately realised what I had in mind. 

Her nickname. 

Now he knew Isabella was the one to blame, the one to kill.