Chapter 2

Sid snapped up at him gritting his teeth and anger visible in his eyes clearly.

Man: Ha!!! Look how disrespectful the boy is. You make me so ashamed of yourself Siddharth

He looked at him disappointed. He turned towards the lady.

Man: If he doesn't show any respect to you, you don't have to care for him. He needs to learn how to behave with his elders. I don't want to see you begging in front of him either talk to you properly or eat his meals

Lady: But a mother cannot just ignore her son like that

Sid: You are not my mother

He shouted once again. Man raised his hand to slap but stopped it midway. Sid was looking at him with tear filled eyes. He just ran outside. Lady was calling his from inside. Man asked her to let it be.

Sid went to the college and quitely went in his class. He sat quitely at end in one corner. He never talked to anyone in his college. He used to just live in his thoughts only. The teacher took his lecture and left. The whole day was normal. Sid felt a bit hungry and had something from cafeteria.

Before last lecture, there was some histle bustle. A girl was climbing down the stairs, but she felt dizzy and felt down. She rolled down the stairs and hurt her head badly. She got unconscious. Students and teachers who were near ran to her. Someone called her friends. Her best friend was crying and rubbing her hands. Ambulance was called.

All were shocked listening to the incident except Sid. He felt an urge to cry and ran to the washroom. He clasped his hand on his mouth stopping his muffled sounds. He didn't want anyone to listen to his cries.

Girl was taken to the hospital quickly and everyone was praying for her to return safely. Two teachers and her best friend went along with her. Her parents were informed quickly. The day ended and students started leaving for home. Some were hostelers so they went for hostel. Sid also washed his face after sometime and came out. He saw the college was almost empty. He also took an auto and went home.

He rang the bell. The same lady opened the door and faked a smile.

Lady: Hii. How was your day sweetheart?

Sid didn't have any energy to argue with her so he ignored and quitely went his room. Lady shrugged and shut the door. Sid went in his room and shut it. He sat down against the door. He hugged his legs and was shivering remembering the girl lying in her own blood under the staircase. Though he didn't see her actually but he could clearly visualize the scene. It wasn't just her falling down there was something else also bothering him. He burried his head in his knees. He was mumbling something to himself.

Sid: She isn't gonna make it. She is gonna die. Sh..sh..she couldn't be saved

He let out a breath and hugged his legs even more tighter. He didn't come to know when he passed out sitting there.

Later, bell rang and lady opened the door. She smiled seeing her husband. He went to change and get fresh. He came out and she was setting dinner.

Man: Where is Siddharth?

Lady: In his room honey

Man sighed.

Lady: You don't worry. Probably he isn't hungry. I will keep some food for him. We can have ours now

This was not something new. Sid most of the days didn't have food with them. Lady neither even wanted him to. She just wanted two of them i.e. herself and her husband.

Whereas Sid was sitting his balcony looking up at sky. Trying to find some calmness up there which he couldn't find anywhere on earth. Sometimes he did wish to leave everything, every single misery of his and go to his mom. Not like anyone would even care according to him. But then he couldn't let his mother down. He couldn't be so weak to run away from his problems. His mother was a strong lady and never taught him to be weak. So how could he let her down now?

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter