Chapter 33

Sid threw the phone away in frustration. He started pulling his hair.

Sid: Arghhh

He sighed and noticed that he still hadn't changed his clothes. So he got up from his bed and took out a fresh pair of clothes and towel from his cupboard. He went in the washroom and got fresh. He went out and quitely had his dinner and walked outside for sometime and then went back to his room. He opened his books and studied for sometime as he had an important test next day. But all he could think about his weird dream he had two days before.

Some boys were standing circling around Sid. One of them came forward and held his chin and forced him to look upwards as he was longer than Sid.

Boy: Abey o hero pehle to tujhe dikhai nhi deta. Fir aese baat karte hai

Boy2: Lagta hai isko tameez sikhani padegi

Boy3: Hnn shayad baap ke paiso ke sir par hi yaha aa gya hai

Boy4: Abe o baap ne sirf paise hi die ya kuch sikhaya bhi hai

Boy3: Koi nhi bhai baap ne nhi sikhaya to hum sikha dete hai wo bhi apne tareeke se. Kyu? Baap ka kaam hum kar dete hai

All started laughing on him. Sid looked at the boy holding his chin with anger filled eyes and gritting his teeth.

Boy: Kya? Ghoor kya raha hai be saale. Pata nhi kaha se laaya hai itna attitude. Aukaat to teri do kaudi ki bhi nhi hai

With that he spitted on his face with disgust.

Suddenly Sid came back to reality with a jerk and picked up his pen and opened his book. He didn't know what would happen further as his sleep broke because of alarm. It's been three days since that dream and he knew the incident will take place in a day or two, maybe tomorrow only.

But he couldn't figure out who were the boys and what would lead to this situation as he never even talked with someone why would anyone have any problem with him. Anyways he tried to study for sometime. He slept on study table only while studying till midnight.

Next morning

It was a normal morning and Sid quickly got ready and left for his lecture after having breakfast. He was reading his notes one last time when someone snatched pages he was holding. He looked up and frowned.

Sid: What the hell Avneet? Return that

Avu: A very good morning to you too Mr. Nigam

She said with a sugar coated smile and voice.

Sid: Return my notes

He said coldly.

Avu: Kya yrr? Itna kon padta hai? Look around you sab baatein kar rahe hai aur tum ho ki pagalo ki tarah pad rahe ho. Mujhe dekho. I am class topper still I am not bothered

Sid: Oh hello. Don't compare me with yourself. Okk? Tum class topper ho islie tumhe sab aata hi hoga. Aur mujhe kisi doosre se na koi farak nhi padta. Mujhe padna hai that's it. Notes wapis karo. Ma'am aa jayegi. Usse pehle let me revise once

Avu: What revise? Normal sa class test hai bro. Koi UPSC ka exam nhi hai. Chill maaro thoda. Tum final exams mein kya karoge tumhara abhi se ye haal to?

Sid: Avneet mere notes do

He said forwarding his hand but she raised it upwards.

Avu: Nopes. Chalo hamare saath baatein karo chalke. Kal hi maine tumhe apne group se milwaya. Ab to tumhare friends bhi hai. So you can enjoy with them

Sid: Wo log mere dost nhi hai. Notes wapis karo

Avu: Noooo

She said jumping on the bench. Sid looked at her furiously while keeping his hands on his waist.

Avu: Achha okk fine baba. Aese matt ghooro ye lo

She said forwarding the notes. Sid was about to take it but she moved her hand up. She showed him her tongue. She was laughing at him showing his notes. Unknowingly a smile came on his face watching her like this. But suddenly the teacher came and saw Avu.

Teacher: (shouted) Miss Avneet Kaur

Avu's eyes widened and suddenly she lost her balance. Her foot twisted. There class contained steps and as Sid had a habit to sit at back they were almost on top most step. All his notes felt from her hand and she screamed loudly as she was about to fall backwards.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter