Chapter 49

Sid: Umm thanks

Avu: What for?

She said parking her scooty.

Sid: Uh- umm taking me with you?

He said more like posing a question. Avu nodded.

Avu: That's fine. Anyways I was going only so it's okk. I guess

Sid: Ya

He said nodding. And he again got awkward not knowing what to say. Avu was taking out everything from her scooty.

Sid: Ah I guess I should leave then. Umm see you around

He said turning around without waiting for her reply to avoid the awkwardness he was facing. Avu called him.

Avu: Arre ek second. You are toh too much yrr. Kaam hua nhi ki kat lie. Nikaal lia maine samaan. Do minute wait kar loge to kuch nhi hone wala. Aaraam se ek saath walk karte hue hostel chale jaayenge. Paanch minute extra lag jayenge to koi crisis nhi ho jayega. Theek hai?

Sid: Hnn okk

He said avoiding the eye contact. Avu checked if everything is locked properly or not. She took her things and put keys in pocket. She started walking but noticed Sid still didn't start walking. Avu turned around and saw him standing quitely biting her nails out of awkwardness.

Avu: Aghhhh. Ye ladka bhi na

She mumbled.

Avu: Aree chalo ab. Ya muhrat nikaalna hai? Nariyal wagera phodna ho, aarti karni ho to samaan le aaoo

Sid rolled his eyes.

Sid: Shut up

Avu actioned like zipping her lips with her fingers.

Avu: Fine

They started walking towards the hostel quitely. Avu was holding things while Sid was walking quitely putting his hands in his pockets of lower. Avu decided to break the silence.

Avu: Tumne akele itna samaan uthaya hua hai. Laaoo thoda mein pakad leta hu. Let me help you if you don't mind?

She said taunting him. Sid got confused by what she was saying. He looked at his both hands confirming they were empty.

Sid: (in mind) Ajeeb pagal ladki hai

Avu pursed her lips and shooked her head. She raised her hands showing shopping bags in her hands.

Sid: Oh sorry. I didn't notice only

He said chuckling awkwardly and held one of the bags. Avu gave a fake smile giving him one bag. There hands brushed with each others. Sid felt chills ran down his spine as he was not used to female touch.

Sid: Umm to aese bolo na you need help. Pehle bol deti mein pehle pakad leta. Hehe

Avu: Hmm of course. Meri hi galati hai

She said rolling her eyes.

Avu: By the way

Sid: Hnn hnn?

Avu: You didn't answer my question earlier

Sid: Konsa question?

Avu: Wahi jo I asked you about your views of friendship you have now. Abhi bhayia ke  baare mein?

Sid thought for a moment.

Sid: Wo hnn he helped me na from bullies that time. To in return he asked for friendship. To I just he will feel bad. Ki itne bure behavior ke baad I helped him, saved him. Aur sirf uske badle friendship ka bola and he refused. To I did

Avu: Of course. If you say so. Anyways apni packing and all kar lena achhe se. If you feel like to kal ki chhuti bhi le lena. Kal students kam hi aayenge. Trip par jaane wale to mostly nhi hi aayenge

Sid: Faaltu mein kyu chhuti karni? Aur waise bhi ye trip ki wajah se kitne din waste ho jayenge. Mujhe koi chhuti nhi chahie. Mein to jaoonga

Avu: Of course. Mr. Nerd

Sid: Hey I am not a nerd

Avu: Hnn wo to dikh raha hai

Their hostels came while talking sorry bickering with each other. Sid handed her the bag. They bid bye and moved towards their hostels. Avu turned around and called him.

Sid: Ya

Avu: Siddharth agar tumne sirf Abhi bhai se islie friendship ki hai ki unhe bura na lage. Ya as a thank you ki unhone tumhari help ki. Trust me you don't have to. You don't have to force yourself into any kind of friendships. Bhayia aesi baato ka bura nhi maante. In fact hum mein se kisiko bhi in baato se farak nhi padta. If you are not happy with these friendships, just let me know once and you will be free from them. I promise. Aur tum kabse kisiki feelings ki tension lene lage hnn?

She turned around and left for her room without waiting for his reply while Sid kept standing thinking about Avu's words.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter