Chapter 15: A Somber Place

The group finally arrived at Waldseite, and were met with a bleak and colorless picture of a town, the townsfolk held their heads low and hands close to their chest, constantly checking the area around before hastily shuffling off to wherever they were going.

The five of them strolled through the streets, the passerby's leering at them as they went, causing Silvio and Lara's eyes to shift back and forth with paranoia

"Would you two calm down, you're acting like everyone here wants to mug you", Kiburi called back at them.

"Yeah, not everyone wants to mug you...just some of them", Marya said cheekily, Kiburi shooting her a glare of disapproval.

"Waldrand has the highest crime rate in Felsen, we have every reason to be scared!", Silvio stammered nervously, trembling with each step.

"The only reason it has such a high crime rate is because its next to the dark forest where all the criminals hide, which means us 'no-good troublemakers' have to come out here to get supplies or jobs. Not to mention the knights refusal to station anyone here at all", Kiburi explained.

"Who would wanna be stationed here? That's suicide!", Lara replied.

"Maybe if your precious knights weren't a bunch of cowards", Kiburi snapped back.

"Or maybe if you all weren't a bunch of delinquents and just followed the laws they wouldn't be scared to be here at all!", Lara snarled, stepping up to him.

"You wanna go for round two blondie!?", Kiburi growled and got up in her face.

"Knock it off you two!", Marya yelled back.

"Are they usually this brash?", Jiro finally spoke up.

"Yes!", Silvio and Marya said together, with expressions that made it all the more obvious that this wasn't the first time they've acted this way.

"Hey! You there, the blonde one!", A voice called out from behind them.

"Its more like a strawberry blonde but sure I'll respond to that, cause I definitely dont have a name or anything", Lara said as she pulled down her hair to look at it, she turned around to see a man with his hands on his hips with two guys standing behind him to his left and right.

"What's the problem?", Kiburi asked angrily, pushing Lara behind him, this angered Lara, who pushed his hand away and moved infront of him.

"He was talking to ME, I am not some 'damsel in distress' prick!", Lara responded with irritation in her voice.

"Hey, im talking to you broad!", The man barked.

"You have my attention douchebag, now what do you want!", Lara replied with wide eyes and raised brows, offended by the audacity of this random stranger.

"Dont think we dont know where that armor your wearing is from, knights aren't allowed out here!", The man ranted with his buddies nodding in agreement.

"See, this is what I mean, we just got here and the first people we talk to are sexist AND hate the authorities", Lara said to Kiburi, ignoring the men yelling at them.

"Look, they are probably just concerned for the safety of the town, guys, she isn't even a knight", Kiburi said, brushing off the comment before trying to explain the situation to the three men.

"And we dont like your kind around here either!", The man said to Kiburi, the other two nodding in agreement again, Kiburi said nothing, he simply walked over to the man, towering over him as he began to quiver in fear.

"What do you mean by 'my kind'?", Kiburi asked with quiet rage in his voice.

"O-orcs, w-we dont like orcs", The man stuttered in fear.

"Good to know", Kiburi said before kneeing the man in the stomach, causing him to crouch down and wrap his arms around himself in pain, Kiburi proceded to pick the man up by the collar of his shirt and stuff him into a nearby trash can, knock it over, and kick it, which sent it rolling down the street. Kiburi then walked over to the other two men, who were currently holding eachother in fear.

"Any other prejudices you two would like to hash out, cause im all ears...well actually im mostly muscle mass", Kiburi asked as he cracked his knuckles, looking directly into their eyes, the two men shook their heads and ran off, Kiburi turned back to the party to see Lara grinning with satisfaction.

"They sure have some weird concerns for their town, but hey, they're just 'misunderstood', right?", She said sarcastically.

"Yeah no, those guys were dicks", Kiburi replied bluntly.

"Are you two done yet, cause we're here!", Marya said, pointing to a building with a sign that said 'Twin Blades Tavern'.

"Huh, convenient that we were stopped right infront of the tavern we were headed to", Silvio stated, scratching his chin.

"Alright, we're going in, dont wait up morons!".