Chapter 17: Meanwhile

MINUTES EARLIER...

Kiburi sat down at the table with Jiro and Silvio, who were waiting patiently for him.
Silvio's head was lying down on the table with his arms resting on top of his head, his eyes darting around the room watching all the unsavory individuals surrounding him. Jiro sat up right with his hands resting in his lap, he seamed completely unphased by the people around him.

"Dude, chill", Kiburi said.

"I cant just 'chill', I have far too much anxiety for this place! I'm supposed to be at home with my books eating a sandwich, not out here waiting to get stabbed!", Silvio ranted as Kiburi half listened, motioning a waitress to come over.

"What can I get you boys today?", the waitress said with a smile.

"I'll have the usual", Kiburi replied with a grin that said he was a regular alcoholic.

"And what about you two?", the waitress asked again, looking at Silvio and Jiro.

"I will have some green tea please", Jiro asked politely.

"We have normal tea", The waitress replied apathetically.

"That is alright", Jiro replied.

"I will just have a water", Silvio answered, the waitress rolled her eyes and left.

"We are at a bar and you order tea and water!?", Kiburi exclaimed.

"I guess I could have ordered something exciting, like a smoothie!", Silvio said with a innocent smile, Kiburi fell back in his seat and groaned.

After a few minutes the drinks arrived and she placed them on the table, they each took the drink that was theirs.

"What exactly was the 'usual'?", Silvio inquired as he stared at the mysterious black liquid in Kiburi's mug.

"It's a Black Velvet", Kiburi answered casually as he drank it.

"A Black Velvet? Dont those have champagne in them?", Silvio queried.

"Yes, they do have champagne in them, is that a problem?", Kiburi answered with a tone of provocation.

"No, I just didn't take you for a champagne guy is all", Silvio said with a smirk as he sipped his water.

"Firstly, its part champagne and part beer, and secondly, atleast I'm drinking something besides water!", Kiburi barked back.

"That's because we are on a mission right now", Silvio said.

"Well right now, at this very second, we are benched, which means we are off duty, and we can order what we want", Kiburi explained his point of view.

"Alright, waitress, I'll take some tequila!", Silvio said with a grin, Jiro's eyes grew and he went to say something but Kiburi stopped him.

"This is gonna be fun", Kiburi said with a mischievous smile.

A few minutes later Silvio was no longer anxious and was happily laughing and chatting loudly with Kiburi.

"I like you kid, your a blast when your wasted", Kiburi said with a laugh.

"I aint drunk, your drunk, see I will have another to prove it!", Silvio said ,struggling to not slur his words, as he raised his hand to get the waitresses attention

"Nope, I am not carrying you out of here", Kiburi said as he placed Silvio's hand down.

"Alright, so I've been wondering, why exactly are you and Lara joined at the hip? You two together?", Kiburi said with a whink and a raise of his eyebrows.

"No no no, we are just friends, in fact, she is my BEST friend...well, my only friend actually", Silvio replied as he played with his cup, slowly nudging it off the table, Kiburi picked it up and moved it to the other end of the table before he could.

"Yeah well, most people who say they are 'just friends', turn out to be more", Kiburi said with finger quotes.

"Well, I'll have you know, Lara isn't even my type", Silvio said.

"What's your type then?", Kiburi pressed on.

"Men", Silvio said bluntly.

"Huh, that makes sense, what about Lara, do you know her type?", Kiburi questioned.

"She doesnt talk about it much, but she has told me she likes big, strong men...so like...you, I guess", Silvio said with a giggle as he face planted into the table.

"Really? Huh, I think I can work with that", Kiburi said as he scratched his chin and looked over at Lara.

"Hey jerk!", A voice came from behind Kiburi, he turned to see a guy standing behind him looking angry.

"Alright, what exactly did I do to piss you off?", Kiburi asked with a sigh.

"Those girls you were talking to earlier, they are mine, so back off!", he said as he pointed to the girls who all waved at Kiburi, he responded with a smile.

"I dont see any labels on them", Kiburi said as he got up from his chair.

"Listen buddy, I suggest you stay the hell away from them or else", he said as he put his hand on the grip of a sheathed knife.

"And I suggest you stop trying to tell me or those fine ladies over there who we can or cant talk to", Kiburi replied holding back the urge to throw the man.

The boys stood there, eyes locked and right up in eachothers faces, suddenly Silvio sprung out of his chair.

"Leave my friend alone you meany!", Silvio said as he struggled to stand up straight.

"The hell is this guy?", the man asked.

"Just an amateur drinker who needs to sit back down!", Kiburi seethed as he glared at Silvio and pointed at his chair.

"Frankly, im sick and tired of bullies like you, nobody messes with my friends!", Silvio said as he pulled out his wand and pointed it at the man.

"Silvio wait no!", Kiburi pleaded but it was too late, Silvio whispered a few words under his breath and the end of his wand began to glow bright green until a burst of energy shot out towards the man, sending him flying into the bar, landing right between Lara and Marya, who both turned to look at Kiburi.

"I said dont do anything stupid!", Marya roared.

"I can explain", Kiburi said with a guilty smile.