Chapter 12

Olivia's POV

"Carter Marie Woods." Mama scolds her but doesn't raise her voice.

"I'm so sorry Mama, he started bothering my friend and I just had to punch him."

Mama groans, "What am I supposed to tell your Mom? She's gonna kill the three of us."

"You could not tell her." Carter offers and I chuckle slightly.

"I'm gonna be sleeping on the couch." Mama frowns.

Sofia leans closer to me, "Your mom is the second hand to the biggest mafia in Italy and Aunt Avery somehow scares her?"

I smile, "You talk like your mother doesn't freak out every time she does something wrong and has to tell Aunt Hazel."

Sofia laughs, "Good point."

I face Sofia completely and smile, "I'll come to Italy with you."

Her eyes widen, "Really? I- I'm sorry Liv about our baby and about everything."

For the longest time I blamed Sofia for the miscarriage because it was easier but it's neither of our faults. Stuff like this happen and I just need to find a way to get past it.

"It's not your fault. Stuff like that happen and there's just nothing we can do about it."

"Did you know you were pregnant when you walked it on me umm-"

"Cheating?" I ask because she seems extremely uncomfortable even thinking about saying the word.

I glance at Mama and Carter and they're too busy in their conversation, "I did. That's why I was coming home early."

"Can we do that thing now?" Carter asks and cuts our conversation off.

Sofia brings her hand up and they high five, "Come to Italy in two weeks and we can do it."

"I don't even want to know what this is about." Mama mutters underneath her breath.

"Can I ride with you?" Carter asks Sofia.

Oh great I completely forgot we have to drive back again three hours. Mom is definitely gonna know about this.

Sofia ruffles Carters hair, "I only have one helmet and wait you're coming with us?"

"Of course she is. Avery isn't only gonna kill me." Mama says.

I laugh and we walk to Mama's car. Sofia opens the door for Carter and I. Carter kisses her cheek and then gets in.

I hold the door and take a second to take in Sofia. She's patiently waiting for me to get in.

"Ride safe." I tell her.

She smiles, "For you, anything."

I rerun the smile and get in. She closes the door and Carter starts giggling which causes me to look at her.

"What?"

"You say you hate her but your eyes are screaming how much you love her."

Mama chooses to ignore the both of us. Neither of us could sit front because apparently we're grounded.

Sofia starts reviving her bike and Carter excitingly brings her window down.

"Can you do a wheelie?" Carter asks.

"Absolutely not." I tell Sofia warningly.

She puts on her helmet and opens the visor, "What love? I can't hear you."

"Sofia I swear to god."

Carter squeals, "Omg she's gonna do a wheelie."

Mama laughs and does nothing to stop anyone.