Chapter 35; For Frodo

Return of the King; Disc 2

Dedicated to Xtream_Gamer for sticking with me. Thanks!!!

Chapter 35; For Frodo

~~~~~~~~~> ~~~~~~~~~> ~~~~~~~~~> ~~~~~~~~~> ~~~~~~~~~> ~~~~~~~~~>

Aaron hopped from Lore's back just as everyone else dismounted. She sheathed her sword and without a care of how many people might be scared of her, she shifted into her black wolf. The Wolf of Darkness was there to defeat the world's enemy, how many people wouldn't be scared?

She padded over to Aragorn and sat on her haunches waiting for something more exciting to happen. At the moment it was boring. All the Orcs were doing was marching around them and taunting them with fearless cries. Aaron yawned, if Sauron wanted her to be bored, he completed it wholeheartedly.

"Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an Elf." Gimli said from between Legolas and Aaron.

"What about side by side with a friend?" Legolas asked looking at the Dwarf friend.

Gimli return the look. "Aye. I could do that."

Something like a snake talking flowed through the air, but Aaron didn't hear any words. Instead an imagine of a volcanic mountain played before her eyes. Climbing the mountain's face were two small figures. Her eyes zeroed in on them and she found herself staring at two filthy Hobbits, but not just any Hobbits. It was Frodo and Sam, and they were scaling strangely named mountain of doom. Frodo had his face in the ground and Sam was trying to lift him up.

Sam finally flipped Frodo onto his lap, the One Ring hanging from his neck. "Do you remember the Shire, Mr. Frodo?" Sam asked. "It'll be spring soon. And the orchards will be in blossom. And the birds will be nesting in the hazel thicket. And they'll be sowing the summer barley in the lower fields, and eating the first of the strawberries and cream. Do you remember the taste of strawberries?"

"No, Sam." Frodo answered weakly, but panicked. "I can't recall the taste of food, nor the sound of water, nor the touch of grass. I'm naked in the dark. There's— There's nothing. No veil between me and the wheel of fire. I can see him with my waking eyes."

"Then let us be rid of it," Sam answered with a new determination. "Once and for all. Come on, Mr. Frodo. I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you." Sam pulled Frodo over his shoulder and once again started up the mountain, a fire of perseverance alight in his eyes.

Aaron shook her head as she came back to reality. They were alive! And that's all she needed to know.

Wait, were are you going?

Aragorn had walked toward the standing, quiet army of Orcs, a dazed look in his eyes. Slowly he turned to face Gandalf and the hunters. "For Frodo." He said, and then took off to his death. Followed by two brave Hobbits, and then the army of Men, Wizard, Elf, Dwarf, and Skin-changer. Yet another battle for Middle-earth had begun.

~~~~~~~~><~~~~~~~~~

She found her teeth tearing out yet limb of some poor Orc, she'd lost count how many that was, just that she killed it. At first she had been counting, but then got tired of it, and she killed smelly, bloody Orc after smelly, bloody Orc. Really she couldn't believe there were any left with how many she had decapitated and delimbed. Soon it was just a matter of keeping track of who was dead and who wasn't.

Then there was the Nazgúl problem.

"The eagles are coming!" Pippin shouted from somewhere around her.

Now, there wasn't an Nazgúl problem, just an eagle solution.

Aaron groaned and decapitated another Orc to clear her thoughts. Only to have them spike again when she saw Aragorn go down and a large troll to step down upon him.