Chapter 9; Mordor Left or Right?

The Fellowship of the Ring; Disc 2
Chapter 9; Mordor, Left or Right
~~~~~~~~~> ~~~~~~~~~> ~~~~~~~~~> ~~~~~~~~~> ~~~~~~~~~> ~~~~~~~~~>

Aaron stood beside Legolas. He was rubbing the top of her head and Aaron was enjoying it greatly. Lord Elrond stood before them. Many Elves were also in front of them. Lily stood off from the crowd, staring at Aaron.

"The Ring-bearing is setting out on the quest of Mount Doom." Elrond said. "On you who travel with him, no oath...nor bind is laid to go farther than you will. Farewell. Hold to your purpose. May the blessings of Elves and Men...and all Free Folk go with you."

"The Fellowship awaits the Ring-bearer." Gandalf said to Frodo, who was having one more look around Rivendell. He turned around and looked at every single one of them. He walked through them and Aaron noticed a different sword at his side than Aragorn had given him.

"Mordor, Gandalf, is it left or right?" Aaron heard him whisper to the old wizard in front of him.

"Left." He answered and Frodo journeyed on. Aaron walked beside Legolas and looked back over her shoulder to see Aragorn nodded his head toward Arwen, who was looking very down cast.

They crossed the narrow bridge that Aaron had crossed long ago to save Frodo's life. She stopped at looked back at her home that she would be leaving for longer than she ever had. She turned, shook her body and trotted on. It was a quiet journey. Every now and then someone would start to talk to each other, mostly Merry and Pippin or Frodo and Gandalf. But other than them everyone stayed silent. Aaron watched as deer ran and birds flew away from them and she stuck her tongue out acting very much like a dog and running between Gandalf at the front and Aragorn at the back. Every now and then she would chase a rabbit that would run as fast as it could away from her. One time when she was running along beside Gandalf she heard him telling Frodo;

"We must hold to this course, west of the Misty Mountains, for 40 days. If our luck holds, the Gap of Rohan will still be open to us. From there, our road turns east to Mordor."

They soon stopped at a rocky area. Aaron laid next to Aragorn who was smoking his pipe and watching Boromir spar with Merry and Pippin. Frodo and Sam sat up on a rock over looking them. Aaron watched with interest as the Hobbits progressed in their fighting skills.

"Two, one, five. Good! Very good." Boromir told Pippin.

"Move your feet." Aragorn said to him.

"You look good, Pippin." Merry said as it became his turn.

"Thanks." Pippin returned.

"Faster!" Boromir said as he turned his sword to Merry. Aaron's ears caught Gimli starting to talk to Gandalf.

"If anyone was asking for my opinion, which I note they're not...I'd say we were taking the long way 'round. Gandalf, we could pass through the Mines of Moria." Aaron flinched at the idea. Moria was one out of the three places in Middle Earth she hadn't ever been to or in. She also never wanted to. "My cousin Balin would give us a royal welcome."

"No," Gandalf said. "I would not take the road through Moria unless I had no other choice." Aaron relaxed at hearing that and looked over at him. Something to the south of him caught her eye. A black cloud moving fast toward them. Legolas noticed it too, and Sam.

"Sorry!" Boromir yelled. Aaron looked back over for a quick second at him and the two Hobbits. Pippin had his hand in his mouth and kicked Boromir in the shin. Merry joined in.

"Get him!" He yelled. "Get him!" Aragorn chuckled beside Aaron and stood up. "For the Shire!"

"Hold him. Hold him down, Merry!" Pippin yelled. Boromir was laughing hard. Aragorn walked over.