Chaptet 14; Anduin

The Fellowship of the Ring; Disc 2
Chapter 14; Anduin
Did you like the little more detailed background story on Aaron? Did you like the dream? I wanted to put something in there that wasn't just about the Fellowship. Now, we have to figure out who her parents are. Tricky...!
~~~~~~~~~> ~~~~~~~~~> ~~~~~~~~> ~~~~~~~~~> ~~~~~~~~~> ~~~~~~~~~>

"Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of own people." Lord Celeborn said as Elves put Elven cloaks around the Fellowship member. They were now at the docks on the far side of Lothlórien. A large tree stood at the edge of the lake and it's roots made the perfect harbor. "May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes."

Down at one of the boats Elves were loading supplies for the journey ahead. Legolas picked of the packets of food up and pulle out a piece of bread.

"Lembas." He said to Merry and Pippin. "Elvish waybread." He took a bite. "One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man." Both the Hobbits nodded their heads in amazement. Legolas walked away.

"How many did you eat?" Merry asked Pippin. He took a breath as if counting then answered;

"Four." Merry nodded his head and put a figure in his mouth, picking at his teeth. Pippin burped beside him. Aaron smiled as she had been listening to their conversation. She was walking around enjoying the time of freedom as a human. The Elves didn't mind who she was. The Hobbits and Gimli had gotten use to her. Boromir still stayed a little clean, but Aaron expect that from Men.

Celeborn took Aaron and Aragorn aside and talked to them. "Every league you travel south, the danger will increase. Mordor Orcs now hold the eastern shore of the Anduin. Nor will you find safety on the western bank. Strange creatures bearing the White Hand have been seen on our borders." Aaron turned her head away and thought about her dream. "Seldom do Orcs journey in the open under the sun, yet these have done so." He held out a two short curved Elvish daggers to Aragorn and Aaron. They each took one and pulled it out. Reveling, a beautiful silver blade. "You are being tracked." He said in Elvish. "By river you have the chance of outrunning the enemy to the Falls of Rauros."

The Fellowship lined up once more as Galadriel passed out gifts.

"My gift for you, Legolas, is a bow of the Galadhrim. Worthy of the skill of our woodland kin." Legolas admired the bow. Galadriel smiled and walked down the line to Merry and Pippin. "These are the daggers of the Noldorin. They have already seen service in war. Do not fear, young Peregrin Took. You will find your courage." Next came Sam. "And for you, Samwise Gamgee, Elven rope made of hithlain."

"Thank you, my Lady." He said then eyeing Merry and Pippin's gifts. "Have you run out of those nice, shiny daggers?" Galadriel just smiled and walked down to Gimli.

"And what gift would a Dwarf ask of the Elves?" She asked him.

"Nothing. Except to look upon the Lady of Galadhrim one last time...for she is more fair than all the jewels beneath the earth." Galadriel laughed. Gimli turned and started to walk away before turning back around. "Actually... There is one thing. No, no, I couldn't. It's quite impossible. Stupid to ask." Aragorn and Aaron were returning from Celeborn when Galadriel stopped them. She turned to Aragorn first.

"I have nothing greater to give..." She reached out touched the necklace, Aaron had just now noticed around Aragorn's neck. She recognized it as Arwen's. Had she pledged herself to him? What was to become of her is he were to die? "than the gift you already bear. For her love," she said in Elvish, "I fear the grace of Arwen Evenstar will diminish."

"I would have her leave these shores, and be with her people." Aragorn answered. "I would have her take the ship to Valinor.

"That choice is yet before her." She said in the Common tongue. "You have your own choice to make, Aragorn. To rise above the height of all your fathers since the days of Elendil...or to fall into darkness with all your kin." A smiled came from her lips that quickly disappeared. "Farewell." She said once again in Elvish. "There is much you have yet to do. We shall not meet again...Elassar." Aragorn bowed his head and walked away. Galadriel turned to Aaron.