Twenty-six

He was playing his new album songs on his radio when I got into his car.

"Listening to your own glory?" I teased.

He grinned. "For sure! Have you listened to it yet?"

"Yes I did," I replied as I belted up. He was waiting for me to settle in before he started driving.

"How did you find it?" he asked.

"It is really totally different from your past albums," I said. "The style.."

"You had listened to my past albums?" he asked in disbelief.

"Jeez.." I laughed. "Haha, ya, I did. Just briefly."

"That is good enough," he grinned.

"Are you sure it's okay for you to be away?" I asked.

"Yes, don't worry. I'm the boss. I call the shots!"

"Right..." I rolled my eyes. And he laughed.

"You looked like you brought a lot of food," he pointed out.

"Well.. when you said we should pack food, I checked my fridge and there was nothing in my fridge so I quickly went to the supermart to get some food. I guess I might had grabbed more than needed?"

"You went to the supermart?"

"Ya.. else where to get food.."

"Aw.. there's plenty at my house. My mom always store more than enough food," he chuckled. "She's always worried we don't have enough to eat."

"But yet you are always dieting," I pointed out.

"Well.." he shrugged.

"But then again, that's what mothers do. So be thankful."

"I am, I am."

"So, where are we going?" I asked. I did not recognise where we were.

"Mapo. We are almost there."

This place where he booked was a proper campsite with tents already set up so it was convenient.

We found our tent right at the edge of the campsite. Since it was a weekday, the place was not so crowded. And it faced the Hangang river so it was nice.

We parked right next to our tent which was another advantage for being at the edge of the campsite. But the washing areas and bathrooms were a distance away, in the center of the campsite.

We started unloading our stuff. Then I noticed that he had brought also a lot of food, mainly the meats. He had also brought a pot.

"Are we feeding an army?" I asked in disbelief. "And you say I brought a lot of stuff?"

He chuckled. "When I told my mom I was going camping with you, she packed all these stuff."

"You told her you were going camping with me..?"

"Otherwise..? She knows I wouldn't be out camping by myself."

"Jeez.. what if she gets the wrong idea..?"

He laughed. "She already got the wrong idea since we went to London together. They just don't understand that a man and a woman can also be normal friends."

I nodded my head slowly.

By the time we brought out everything, there was no more empty space on the table left.

The tent was comfortable for two. There were actually two beds inside. This was definitely a modified camping tent. I was expecting sleeping bags.

"Do you want the left or the right?" I asked him.