Thirty-eight

Of course he was right. Mandy went crazy.

"What! Dinner with him and the other members?? Of course I'm coming!"

I was in her office, my ex office - still not used to it, sitting opposite her my old seat where I used to be.

My new office technically was ready to move in. Dr Seo said I could move in any time I wanted. But I didn't want to make it look like I was chasing him out until his official departure date in three weeks time. Anyway he wasn't taking any more new patients. He only helped out in some admin work and the general consultations. He went home at four every day. Mrs Seo had invited me over for dinner. She couldn't wait to see me again. So we set it on Saturday evening. I was wondering if I should ask Yesung along. I'm sure they won't mind, only I wasn't sure if he's free..

"Are you on shift on Friday night?" I asked her. There were a lot of files on her table. She seemed very busy these days. I heard that she had been taking up more work now that Mason was taking less. Oh well, Mason's priority has shifted now. Maybe there's a chance Mandy can be promoted as a senior doctor eventually. Then to my horror, I realised I would be the one making that call. Damn.

"Even if I am, I'm going to swap out! I'll make Mason cover me if I have to!" she said.

I laughed. That would be highly impossible. Mason would definitely not swap with her.

She checked her time table.

"Woo-hoo! Nope, I'm on morning shift."

"Lucky for you."

"I'm always lucky. Did you suggest to bring me along or he suggested it?"

"I want to say I did but it wasn't me. He said I could bring you."

"Oh muacks I love you Yesung!"

I gave her a look.

"Sorry - I don't mean it literally - it's just a figure of speech!" she quickly apologised.

Then I chuckled. "I know."

"Anyway, the whole world can love him but he only loves you," she said. And I felt myself blushing.

"So, I'll tell him we're going."

"Yes please!"

Me: Okay, Mandy says she's okay for Friday.

YS: I told you!

I chuckled.

Me: She says she loves you, for inviting

YS: Tell her thanks but no thanks, I'm already taken ♡

I grinned.

"Excuse me, even if there's no verbal communication, I can still feel that digital lovey-dovey," Mandy said. "So please restrain yourselves."

I rolled my eyes at her. "Shut up."

Someone knocked on the door looking for her and she had to go. For a moment, I felt rather useless as I had nothing to do. I had not been assigned any consultations slots, not until next week. I had walked around the ward and I didn't see any familiar faces, which was actually a good thing. It means that all my patients were doing well.

"Feeling bored?" Head nurse Kat asked when she saw me loitering around the nurses station.

I gave her a sheepish grin. "Kind of. Everybody is so busy while..." I shrugged.

"Enjoy it while it lasts," she warned me. "You know things can get crazy around here."

"Yeah I know," I chuckled.