Nineteen

After the concert, we didn't contact each other for almost one month. But I started following his social media, as well as Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk also had a YouTube channel that I subscribed to and watched whenever I was bored.

"I see you have made an improvement on your 'social' life," Mandy emphasised with her fingers the inverted commas when she caught me watching the YouTube video over dinner one day.

I laughed. "Ya.. he's quite funny to watch."

"So, have you fallen in love with Eunhyuk?" She joked.

"Maybe?" I joked back.

"Where is he?" She looked over my arm to my phone.

"I think they are doing a concert in Philippines," I said.

"Are they on tour now?"

"Eh? No, they are doing concerts..."

She burst out laughing. "No - I mean, not tour as in holidaying, but concert tour, that's what they call it!"

"Oh.." I blushed at my own ignorance. "Didn't know that. Sorry - I thought you mean... I think so, on a concert tour."

"So, can I say, you are a convert now?" She teased.

"A convert for what?"

"A convert for kpop idol. Welcome to the club!"

"Jeez..." I slapped her arm, just as I received a beep on my pager. I turned off my phone that I was watching. "I got to go," I got up, picking up my food tray.

"Emergency?"

"Seems like it."

I made my way to the A&E. It was packed with patients as usual after office hours.

"Dr Lee!"

I turned my head and saw Nurse Jin. "You called for me?" I asked.

"Dr Ma wanted you to take a look."

"Is Dr Ma on duty tonight?"

"Ya."

I followed her to the triage area. I saw Dr Ma with one of the patient and the family. To my surprise, I recognised the family member. It was Hae-e's mom, or aunt, to be correct.

"Aunty?" I greeted her. She looked up in surprise as well.

"Oh?"

"Dr Lee, you are here," Dr Ma saw me. "I think I hear heart murmurs. But I wanted to confirm with you."

On the bed, was lying Hae-e's uncle. He was conscious, groaning in pain though.

"Let me see," I tucked on my stethoscope and checked his heart beat.

As Dr Ma suspected, I heard rapid whooshing sound and it sounded serious. Normally, heart murmurs are harmless. But when it sounds serious, it may be a case of a serious heart condition. Tests would need to be done.

"Does he have any history of any heart condition?" I asked Aunty, who was standing at the side waiting anxiously. I observed that he was also having shortness of breath.

"He was born with a hole in the heart," she said.

"Oh."

"Is he serious?" She asked, worried.

"What was he here for?"

"High fever," Nurse Jin replied.

"I'd like to run some tests. And let's get that fever down. How is his BP?" I looked at the BP monitor. It still looked okay.