Thirty-four

Chris was on day shift this week so after saying a quick goodbye and offering to do dinner which I politely rejected, he left.

"What's with that guy..?" Yesung yawned as he came out from the bedroom with messy bed hair and in his tank top and joggers. He ruffled his hair and the bangs fell over his eyes again.

"He's off to work," I said. "Just offering us dinner tonight but I told him not to because I don't know where we'll be."

"Right," he nodded. "Why is he so enthusiastic..?"

I chuckled. "He's such a person. Very hospitable to everybody."

"Maybe he likes you?"

I think he meant it as a sarcastic joke or something so he wasn't expecting my reply.

"Ya."

"Huh?" his eyes widened.

"He asked me out before," I shrugged, saying in a matter-of-fact tone like it was no big deal, like I get asked out every other day.

"Really?" his tone turned softer and quieter.

"Mm-hmm."

"He asked you out?"

"Ya."

"And what was your reply?"

"That's why I had to tell him I had a boyfriend," I shrugged.

"Ah.." Then it dawned on him and he started laughing. "Now I get it, hahaha."

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up."

"Next time," he said. "Can you prewarn me first?"

"I meant to, but I forgot," I said sheepishly. "Sorry.."

"Lucky, I'm a good actor," he winked.

"Ya ya.. should I give you an award?"

"Yes please," he laughed.

Just then, Jongjin walked out, rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"Morning!" I greeted him.

"Am I late?" he mumbled.

"No no," I assured him.

"Where are we going today?" Yesung asked.

"Where would you like to go? Museum? Downtown? Cafes?"

"All sounds good," he nodded. "I will go and wash up first." And he headed back into the bedroom, leaving the sleepy Jongjin with me. He looked pretty cute in his PJ.

"Where would you like to go?" I asked the younger brother.

"Niagara falls."

"Hmm.. I'm not sure if there's still tickets for the cruise today. Let me check."

I quickly did a check while he went back to the room. I found us tickets after lunch consideration the one and half hour drive down. I went to shower as well while they changed.

Without Chris today, I was back as the driver. Jongjin offered to drive so Yesung sat at the back by himself. It was like by default the front passenger seat belonged to me.

We stopped at this restaurant that served steaks and burgers for lunch, also stopping for petrol.

Knowing the portion would be big, we ordered two sets instead of three and thank goodness we did. The amount of fries alone must had been a sackful of potatoes and we didn't finish it even though it was very delicious. I waa tempted to take another one but I stopped myself because otherwise I would be super bloated later. Besides, fries weren' exactly healthy..