Family Shopping Day

<Y/n's POV >

"I wonder.."

I mumbled as I pondered mindlessly, swishing the milk around inside of the baby bottle for Mizuki, before I began to feed him.

  I could tell Shota just brushed off my mindless mumbling of words as he sat down with his coffee cup in his hand.

I was feeding Mizuki while Shota was sipping his coffee. Both me and Shota were alone in my parents house as I sat on the living room couch, and he sat in the recliner beside me.

  My parents were helping the neighbors with their vehicle since there was something broken on it. I'm not sure on the details, but I knew it would take a while until they got back.

  I glanced over at Shota as I had just noticed his blank gaze as he stared at me. I felt a cold bead of sweat drip down my face as I tipped the bottle up a bit for Mizuki.

  "Is there something on my face..?" I asked as I laughed nervously.

  "No.."

  He spoke plainly as my mind was somehow put at ease from his words as I continued to feed Mizuki. "Okay, but would you like to do anything today? Like shopping, fishing, sleeping, or we could just take a walk down the road." I suggested as I didn't want to sit and do nothing today for some reason.

  No matter how much I loved being indoors, I still had the human urge to go out and be productive every now and then.

"Hm.."

  "I actually slept alright last night, so we could just do whatever you or your parents feel like doing.."

  I was a little surprised by his cooperative attitude before I gave him a sly smile.

  "You're only being so compliant, because you want my parents approval, huh?" I asked as my tone was one of a teasing kind.

  He flinched as he was in the middle of taking a sip of coffee. He had a bead of sweat drip down his jawline, seeming to notice me catching onto his actions.

  "Well.. I guess you could say that.."

  He mumbled underneath his breath while I fought my laughter off as I fed Mizuki.

  I smiled as Mizuki finally finished drinking the milk out of his bottle, before I took it from him. I gently placed the now empty bottle on the side table next to the couch as I held him up right.

  "Well, no matter.." I started to speak as I sat up straight, adjusting Mizuki to rest comfortably against my chest.

  "I'm just happy you're here.." I completed my sentence as I smiled warmly towards Shota, my eyes closing as I did so out of habit.

  Swaying back and forth as I stood on my feet to walk around with him. It still didn't feel real as I held Mizuki in my arms.

  I could feel the burning gaze in the back of my head as a bead of sweat formed on my cheek as I glanced back at Aizawa with a weary smile on my lips.

  "Is something the matter..?" I asked as I turned my body to face him properly. I stood about 5 feet away from him as he sat his coffee down on the side table like I did with Mizuki's bottle.

  He didn't answer when he stood up from his seat, and walked towards me within a few steps. My expression was one mixed with confusion and curiosity as I stood still with Mizuki in my arms.