35

Sometimes I wonder how people get passed me without me noticing them. I just saw Chris standing behind the bushes near the house and suddenly he appears inside the house with that stupid knife in his right hand.

"Hi." I greet him in a shaky voice. He grips the knife tighter but doesn't do anything with it. My eyes keep going to that knife and he obviously notices.

"You know, this knife has gone inside you a couple times now hasn't it? That's two more than me." He softly laughs and steps closer to caress my cheek with his other hand.
"I believe you owe me something."

"I do?" I was too scared to even remember what he wanted. The fear that I have against him makes me feel weak and cowardly. I feel like I can't even move from how scared I am from a fucking human being. A human being who happens to be a man. A simple guy. It's stupid.

"Yes. You do. Would you like me to remind you?" Chris took one more step to press his body against mine. I turn my head away but he cupped my chin with his left hand.
"I'm sure Professor Snape doesn't mind me having you, right?" He whispers close to my lips.

"He won't mind." I blurt out. Chris steps back to look at me clearer.

"Really?" He asks.

"We um, we're not together anymore... again."

"Why's that?" He grips the knife and aims it right under my ribs. I'm guessing he wants to know if I'm lying.

"Can I tell you somewhere more private? I don't want anyone else to hear me." I whisper. I quickly look at the backyard for a second and saw someone from the ministry sneak up on one of the deatheaters from behind.

"Do you see anyone around?" Chris turned around halfway until I stopped him by cupping his face and giving him a kiss. I pull back and regret ever doing that.

"I'm sorry. I just need some comfort and someone to talk to. But we can stay out here if-"

"No no. Your idea is better." He interrupts. I nod my head and grab his hand to lead him upstairs. When Chris wasn't looking, I sort of gagged and wiped my lips with the back of my hand. Disgusting.

When we make it to my room, I let him in first and closed the door behind me. With a fast heart rate, I turn around and see Chris putting his knife on the nightstand. My fear sort of lowered but I have to keep an open mind on what he's capable of.

"So, why aren't you and Snape together? Did you realize he wasn't the one for you?" He asks. Him asking me that got me pissed off but I can't show him the emotion.

"Well, when we got back together, things weren't the same I guess. It felt different. We were stuck in the past." Total lie.

"So no connection. Makes sense." He walks around the room and slides his fingers along the edges of my desk. He better get those dirty fingers off my stuff.
"Well I did keep my word." He sighs and approaches me. I back up against the door, wondering what he means by that.

"Really?" I ask nervously.

"Since you two aren't together anymore, I don't see a reason to bother you... for now." He walks back towards the window but I rush over and turn him around to give him a hug. He was about to look outside when that was one thing I'm trying to avoid him from doing.

"I should've listened to you. Severus and I are different from each other and I never realized that until now. You reminded me of that and I wanted to thank you." I look over at the window and see very few deatheaters left. I'm not sure if some are in the house though.

"Is this an apology?" He asks suspiciously. I have to say something quick before he thinks I'm lying.

"Yes. It is." I pull back from the hug to look him in the eyes.
"I'm really sorry for not even considering having you by my side. I guess I needed a bad experience to see what I actually had." If he didn't hear anything I said, I am repeating nothing.