8

After the last class of the day ended, I look at the stacks of papers I have on my desk and bag. There is a lot of essays I need to grade that are due tomorrow morning but I've only gone through 3 out of 6 classes. This is going to be a lot of work. So I'll just do the rest in my room for the rest of the day.

In my room, I make a cup of coffee to help me stay awake as much as possible. I don't want to fail Sinistra in my first year as an assistant. It'll make me look bad.

As I begin to grade the essays again, my mind tries to focus on every lettering that's on the paper. Sometimes it feels like I can barely read after 3 words until I have to start over again.
"This will take forever."
_______________

An hour has passed by and so far I've finished another stack. That's 4 out 6. I take in a deep breath as I stretch out my back from hunching over for so long. This is not good for my posture.
When I stand up to straighten my back and legs, I hear a soft knock at the door.

I quickly open the door and see Lupin.
"Professor Lupin. Did you need something?"

"Was everything alright at breakfast?" He carefully walks in as I close the door behind him.

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

"I didn't see a conversation between you two. Something wrong?" He walks up to the dining table to look at what I'm working on.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" I let out a small laugh when I see a smile on his lips.
"I mean, I wanted to talk but I didn't know what to talk about." I go ahead and sit back down at the dining table but then realize that there were a few topics to talk about. Like classes, what he did during the break, or even talk about potions.
"Maybe I did have something to talk about. Though I felt like I couldn't talk to him, like a real person."

"But you can talk to me."

"Well obviously I can but Professor Snape is just so, intimidating. I feel like if I said one wrong word, he would give me detention. I know I'm not a student anymore but what if I say the wrong thing? He knows I exist but maybe I'm making it harder for myself to just talk to him if I keep thinking about it." I let out a sigh as I slouch on my chair.

"Seems like you need a break. Would you like to walk with me?" He holds out a hand to help me up. I need to finish my work but maybe a break wouldn't be so bad.
"Bring your sweater. It's a bit cold out there." He grabs my sweater off the couch and helps me put it on. My cheeks turn pink when he places his hand on my lower back.

The both of us exit my room and begin to walk down the hall that leads to the great hall. When I see very little students walking by, it tells me it's almost curfew.
I was about to tell Lupin we should probably go back but something caught my eye outside of the building.

Little snowflakes.

"Professor, look." I tap his arm several times to grab his attention.

"Winter is coming early this year." He whispers as he steps closer to the window. My eyes never leave the little tiny snowflakes that are falling onto the ground.

"It's beautiful." I'm mesmerized by the little things that happen every year when I'm at home. Hogwarts is like my second home, literally.

"Ms. (L/n). I do apologize but I need to grab some of my things from the classroom." Lupin checks the time and now realizes it's almost curfew.

"Oh no worries. I can walk back on my own." I smile at him and he does too.

"Well, I will see you soon. Goodnight." He whispers. When I don't see him anymore I look back towards the window to see the snow. It's beginning to pick up but luckily no one is going out at this time.