|14| shut up

~•~

~•~

The now group of four had to cross the fold again. They had gotten to a field where some abandoned carriages were left. Hiding under one, Jesper started a conversation.

"Not to be that person Kaz, but, are you sure you can drive that thing?" He asked with slight confusion.

Kaz looked to him with offense. "Yes. On the way to Kribirsk while you were busy hugging bait-"

"Milo!" Jesper whisper shouted. "The goats name was Milo."

"What the hell? Why did you have a goat?" Evangeline asked, she was laying underneath the carriage between Inej and Kaz.

"-I was memorizing Arken's timings."

Inej looked to the leader. "Not to gang up on you, but uh... Jes has a point." The Suli girl shrugged then looked back to where the others' attention were directed at. "Arken's system was complicated and the ride was chaotic."

Though she had no idea what the bell they were talking about, Evangeline butted in. "Sounds like no one would blame you for missing a count if it was that hard to go through."

Kaz ignored the princess and looked to Inej. "'Jes'?"

"It's Suli for friendship!" Exclaimed Jesper.

"No it's not!" Inej snapped.

"Trust me," Kaz started. "Arken and I think alike."

"Well now I feel bad for those two." Eva pointed to Jesper and Inej. "They had to be around two of you."

"Shut up."

-~•🥀•~-

"The skiff is still here." Inej said while taking off her scarf. "The travelers downstairs are complaining. They were supposed to cross on it this morning."

"Orders from Kirigan," Evangeline gulped as she spoke of her husband. "He plans to cross on it tomorrow. No sooner."

"No offense but isn't this general we're speaking of the one who tried to kill is all?" Jesper scoffed. "Again, no offense Eva."

"None taken."

"He has the sun summoner." Kaz said in final.

Inej stared at him. "Was this your plan all along? To have the generla get her back so you can take her again?"

Eva's eyes started to flow a red color. "I'm sorry?"

"My plan is to get us across the fold." The Bastard snapped at the girls. "We aren't prepared for another fight."

"So you're not going to take another run at Alina?" Questioned Inej, looking at the lease of the group angrily. "And you're really willing to let a million Kruge go?"

Kaz stayed silent and merely looked to Jesper. After a few beats he spoke, "Jesper and I can't do it without you."

"Or you, Princess." Jasper piped in. "And also, I've been saying that since day one." He pointed out to Kaz, referring to Inej.

"So all you want is to cross the fold?" Evangeline quizzed.

Kaz glared at the table as if it had said something rather offensive. He didn't say anything for a moment. Only then did he nod.

"Hang on. Are we talking about boarding a skiff with people who will recognize us? And it's also important for you to remember the princess is with us. The general's wife." Jesper stressed.

"We'll just have to blend in." Replied Kaz.

Evangeline let out a loud scoff at this. "Disguise ourselves? How would we do that? Especially me?"

"Well I'm not quite sure. We'll figure it out when we get there." Kaz spoke firmly then walked away.

"Well that's real assuring."

This will be her action outfit

This will be her action outfit. Like how Inej always has the same outfit.