|49| girl talk

~•~

~•~

Nikolai stood in his room, checking his new Royal attire. The room was good decor surrounding every inch. Royal blue chairs that also held good designs, a beautiful chandelier hanging above for a light source, windows with royal blue curtains. Tables that were Cherry tree wood with, yes again, some gold decor. A knock sounded at his door. "Come in." He called.

Eva walked in. "Before I head to Alina's room, I was told to tell you that you're expected shortly for the processional."

"I'll be there straight away." He said, still checking himself out. "Suppose I am the guest of honor."

She laughed. "You look great. Don't worry. I'll see you in a bit." She closed the gold and wooden doors behind her as she walked out.

Heading down the hall, she made it to Alina's room. "Knock knock." She said. Genya opened the door.

"Why hello. Glad to have you here with us."

Evangeline laughed. "Why thank you madam, may I come in?"

"Well I don't know. Let my ask the Sun Summoner. Can she come in, miss?" Genya mockingly asked in a obedient servant type voice.

"Why yes she can." Alina laughed, playing along.

Zoya groaned. "Enough of 'why' and 'may' please? It's hurting my head." The girls laughed.

"Sorry, sorry. But now that Eva is here, please know that you are one of my escorts. Along with these lovely ladies."

Genya walked over to Alina. "You know you really could have asked for my help instead of whatever team Nikolai sent." She said as she studied Alina's face. "I miss pulling straw from your hair after scrapping this one." Genya sat next to Zoya.

"We're on the same side now. I mean as much as that might be boring, I'm actually rather pleased about it. Oh, an Eva? I'm sorry about everything."

"It alright." She assured. "It was a rough time for all of us."

"And Ravka is next." Alina said in reference to what Zoya had said prior to the apology. "I think the four of us can begin to fix what had been broken."

"You're asking for our help?" Genya asked surprised.

"Of course she is. We're fantastic." Zoya grinned.

"Where do we start?" Evangeline asked from her spot next to Zoya.

"I'd like Genya to try and oversee things here in the palace. I'd like it to be a refuge for anyone, Grisha or otkszat'sya, who needs a safe haven. Like the spinning wheel." He looked at Zoya now. "And you, I'd like for you ti be in charge of Grisha training."

Zoya stood up, her chin held high. "I think I can whip them into shape."

"As long as there's no actual whipping involved, I'll see what I can do." Eva said.

"I make no promises." Zoya joked.

"And you, Eva. You, I want to practice your powers. Now I know I have no power over you considering you're the princess, but I'm still a Saint." Alina walked over to Eva who was now standing again.

"As you wish." Eva bowed. Alina sloped her arm playfully.

"There will be none of that." After a few beats, Alina added, "and I don't want Grisha to be defined by their orders. No more colored Keftas."

"Alright."

"That's a lovely idea."

"But I look amazing in blue."

Alina had gotten mixed answers. "And as for me... I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my friends. And I think Ravka can do with some too. I have a very important blade I need to return to Shu Han, and I'm hoping ti make some alliances while I'm there. We've been estranged king enough."

"Spoken like a true leader." The princess bumped her hip against the Saint. "The four of us can do a lot of good together."

"Our little quadumvirate." They giggled.

" They giggled