|10| ballroom

~•~

~•~

Evangeline had her stroller with her as she walked around the little palace. She was in the library, the garden, and now the stables. She was showing the babies a newborn foal and the mamma.

"See that? They're like us. A mamma and a baby. But the saints blessed me and I got both of you!" Cooed the new mom.

Just then, a random man stopped by. He was wearing a red coat and had grey pants on. His hair a bit ruffled. Her being the curious woman she is, she backed up behind a wall with tack hung to it and watched the man.

The stable boy came in as well. "Can I help you?"

"Aw you are here!" Said the man in the red. "Your master has requested his horses!"

"What?" The princess whispered to herself.

"Just now?" Asked the stable boy. In his hand was a saddle and the other a halter. The two talked about the queen.

What is happening right now? Thought Evangeline. It started off as a short conversation about a request for a horse to them talking about meeting the queen. Her mother. Whom she hated.

The two men laughed together. The talking started to become sensual. Oh god. The girl thought. Then, a thud was heard. They were going to do it! As quietly as she could, she ran out, pushing the carriage in front of her.

-~•🥀•~-

It was the party to show Alina and her abilities. Every important person in Ravka came. Aleskander walked out in his black Kefta and beside him was Evangeline, she was wearing a black dress with silver lining and details.

"General!" The king greeted. "Evangeline, darling."

"King Poytr." Kirigan greeted back. "Queen Tatiana."

"Father." Eva bowed her head. "Mother."

"I hope you are enjoying yourselves." Aleksander said with a smile and a short bow.

"I must confess, I'm not bored!" The king laughed. The queen was looking Evangeline up and down, twirling and twisting her dead hair around her old wrinkly finger.

"I quite like it. There's always been a certain... quaintness about the little palace.

"Well that's because yours is bigger and uglier." Eva muttered.

"What was that, dear?" The king asked, he genuinely didn't hear what she said. But her mother heard 'uglier' and that about did it.

"How about you to fetch the girl. That's why we're here." The queen snapped. Eva glared back and turned to gather Alina.

While she was away, the king was talking to his son in law. "How is it being a father?" He asked.

"Quite tiring." He was lying completely. Whenever he was around, he was tired. But considering he wasn't really around to help, he wasn't honest.

Alina and Evangeline made their way into the ballroom. The chatter stopped. The king and queen looked to the door. The sun summoner was wearing a navy blue kefta with gold lining and details. Evangeline placed her hand on her shoulder in assurance. Eva then walked past the guests to her family.

"You look wonderful liebe Schwester." Said Nikolai, he was stood between her and his brother.

"Thank you lieber Bruder." She replied smiling.

Two inferni played with fire to entertain the guests while the General talked to Alina. People gasped and looked in awe at the two Grisha stood on tables.

The queen, however, didn't care. "So where are my grandchildren?"

"Um. Genya is watching them. We thought they wouldn't like the noise and the attention. Plus there is no room for a stroller in here, mother."

Tatania was about to argue back but the General and Alina walked to the stage.

"Here name is Alina Starkov. And she will bring liberation to us all." Aleksander called for the shadows and soon enough, the room was filled with darkness.

Alina held out her hands then summoned the light, filling the dark room with a brightness. The queen was amazed. She looked at Alina like the daughter she never had. Evangeline took notice of this, her eyes teared up. Though she hated her mother, she's still blood.

An explosion of light appeared then dispersed. As did the darkness. The crowd started to murmur. "Hail to Saint Alina." They all said as they bowed to the ground.