|37| passport

~•~

~•~

"The Neshyenyer at Ahmrat Jen is definitely a fake." Kaz said as he walked in, nodding to Eva who sat at the bar as a greeting.

"Which we told you. Perhaps you tell us something we didn't know?" Zoya said as a snark reply.

"Shut up. Saints you're so annoying." Eva groaned as she put her head against the table.

"According to my contacts, it's been stolen by a thief known as The Disciple. He had a penchant for stealing Saint related relics while on jobs." Kaz informed everyone.

"So he's a thief and a collector?" Wylan questioned from his spot next to Nina.

"And retired." Kaz told him. "But he has since put a few pieces of his collection on the black market."

"So to get to him, we go to his fence." Tolya leaned against the bar.

"Ohval Saran. She has a tea shop in Bhez Ju. To speak with her we have to order yellow chrysanthemum tea. Off menu."

Nina then spoke in shu and repeated what Kaz had said. Tolya chuckled, he too started to speak Shu. "It pairs well with sesame rice cakes."

Nina grinned and started to speak in English again. "Let's discuss. Tell me more." Nina and Tolya laughed and the two walked around talking.

After those two left, Jesper and Inej came down from their rooms upstairs. Wylan was fiddling with a paper, Kaz snatched it from his hands.

"I see you couldn't help yourself, Jes." Kaz handed hun the paper Wylan was holding moments before.

"Hello darling princess." Jesper mockingly bowed to Evangeline.

"Thank to kind sir." She giggled. "So. You and Wylan?"

Jesper blushed. "Yeah."

"Nice. I'm glad you're happy. You're happy right?"

"Very. Never been happier." The playfulness in his voice disappeared, being completely honest.

"Good." The two smiled.

"You and Kaz?" Jesper asked.

"Nah." Eva shook her head dismissively. "He doesn't like me. And i don't like him like that. Don't forget I'm still a married women. Kirigan is still alive."

Jesper rubbed her back comfortingly. "He'll get taken down. Don't you worry about it, Love."

Wylan walked over and pecked Jesper on the cheek. "Hello."

"Hey!"

"You have your freedom." Eva overheard Kaz tell Inej. "Why would this be what you choose to do with it?"

"I'm not here for you. I'm here for Sankta Alina." Inej dismissed.

"So much for 'What happens ti saints is fate.'" Kaz raised an eyebrow to the Suli girl.

"I'll secure my own passport." She steps closer to the leader Crow. After looking him in the eyes coldly, she stalked away.

Eva stopped listening in as Jesper said, "how have I wronged him?"

"Hm?" Wylan hummed.

"What are you talking about?" Eva crossed her arms.

"The passport. He made me even older than last time."

"Technically you are older than last time." Wylan joked with a calm demeanor. Jesper looked at him unimpressed, Eva glanced at the two smitten.

Wylan gave him a small smile. "Good one." Eva commented.

"Saints, that's a terrible name." Jesper laughed as he read the passport's fake name.

"What does it say?" Wylan asked meekly.

Eva was shocked. Could he not read? She was about to read it aloud for him but Jesper spoke first.

"What, can't you read it?" Wylan looked around embarrassed. "Uh. Uh- can barely read it myself." He tried to cover up.

Wylan took his own paper. "I should pack." Wylan walked away in a fast pace. He left to his room.

Jesper facepalmed. "Smooth." Eva looked at him blankly. "Messed up big time bud." She for up and followed after Wylan.

" She for up and followed after Wylan