|50| coronation

This is the last chapter until season three comes out. If you'd like to continue reading my Grishaverse stories, I have a Kaz Brekker fix going on rn

 If you'd like to continue reading my Grishaverse stories, I have a Kaz Brekker fix going on rn

~•~

Everyone was say for the coronation of Nikolai Lanstov. Evangeline sat on one side of Nik while Alina sat in the other side of him. The Aldraat set the crown on Nikolai's head. Soon after, he took the, you guessed it, golden scepter and as gently as he could tapped it on each shoulder. Then he handed the sovereign orb in his left hand and the scepter in his right. He backed away and bowed.

Nikolai stood up and looked at everyone in the crowd. They all stood up and clapped, applauding the new King. Eva clapped the loudest, as she was beyond excited for her brother. Alina just clapped happily as did Genya and Zoya.

However, a woman in a red dress in the crowd wasn't clapping, no. She shook as she popped a drug in her mouth. Jurda Parem. While everyone was clapping, she walked into the isle. She yelled in Fjerdan, no one could understand what she had just exclaimed. Eva and Alina stopped clapping. All of a sudden, she held her hands up and immediately people started to scream.

People hunched over, coughing up blood and falling to the ground, flailing about. People started to die, if not they were being seriously hurt. People held onto their chests, they all gasped for air.

Then it stopped.

Alina had summoned merzost to defeat the empowered Grisha. She fell as she was cut in half.

Everyone in the chapel could breath again. They all panted, finally having air fill their lungs instead of blood. Alina stood there terrified of what she had just done. But then, she smirked. She had done it. She saved everyone. But she didn't know what cost it had made.

 But she didn't know what cost it had made

Thank you so much for going in this journey with me! See you in season three ❤️