3.3

Apparently, Vincenzo had started some rumors about how Hanseok felt incompetent being the CEO of such a big company and stepped down from Babel Group. It was huge news at the time – or so Hanseok read about it. Hanseok wonders if people believed the rumors. Did his disappearance seem suspicious? How well did Vincenzo cover up his tracks? Hanseok mulls. Takes a sip of his coffee and goes through the newspaper for the next few minutes. He reads the newspaper again, and stares at the front cover of his brother’s innocent face. It’s an old picture – he has seen the same picture in another article. Also, Hanseo’s cheeks were more gaunt now.
The face on the paper and the face from last week seemed like different people. He huffs enviously and slaps the paper down on the bed. He stretches as he gets out of bed and walks into the living room. He stands in front of the oversized windows and stares outside. There is so much life out there. He misses going to work or grabbing his coffee. What he wouldn’t give to take a walk right now. The morning sun feels great against his skin; Hanseok wishes he could feel the wind as well. The
windows were locked shut, and no fresh air was being circulated inside the house. If not for the air
filters, Hanseok would be sick of breathing in rotten air all the time. He wishes to go outside. He looks up at the camera hung on the wall and his eyebrows tighten. Bastards. What where they planning? They already tortured him. They took their revenge, his money, his company, his livelihood. What else did they want? He is depressed. Fatigue and tiredness running course in his body. He is exhausted all the time, even though he doesn’t do anything. His time is consumed with wishful thinking and regret. He imagines going back out and taking over his company. Sometimes he would think of his brother still by his side – at the time he didn’t know if his brother was alive – he still thought about it. He touches his sensitive cheek. Hanseo’s fist becoming present once again.
Was that him taking his anger out? Hopefully, it’s not a daily occurrence. A week of Hanseo’s return, and it is fueling something inside of Hanseok. If he plays his cards right – he might be able to bring Hanseo back to his side. He might just find a way out of this
confinement.

The End