10.2

Something about enclosed spaces that makes privacy seem plausible. Hanseo gets ten-minute nap in before his phone buzzes with a text message. It’s from Vincenzo
and he is on his way to the office. Hanseo sends him a quickly reply and puts his phone away. His head is throbbing from all the pressure and it’s exhausting.
He stays in the car a little longer and ponders over his choice. It’s a good choice, and it’s final.
Vincenzo can suck a dick if he doesn’t like it. Hanseo goes back to his office lazily. Greets every ass kisser on his way and sits in back in his seat expectantly.
Which court was he coming from? Hanseo rolls his eyes. There was one fifteen minutes away, and there was another one thirty minutes away. He shakes his head and takes the time to fix himself. In the mirror, Hanseo notices how tired he looks.
Damn. All because of Hanseok.
He plays a game of solitaire with his free time and looks up once the door knocks. His assistant is
standing in front of Vincenzo, and she asks for permission to let him in. Hanseo bites his tongue, forgetting to have mentioned to her about Vincenzo’s visit.
He gets up and lets him in. “I’m sorry, I forgot to tell her.”
Vincenzo is wearing his sharp suit. He nods at the assistant and smiles at Hanseo in forgiveness.
“Don’t worry about it.” He says, sitting on the couch Hanseo points at. “How did it go?” Hanseo asks, sitting across from Vincenzo on the couch, “Did you win the case?” “Yes, but there were some problems.” Vincenzo crosses his legs. “But nothing too bad that could throw the case away.” Hanseo purses his lips, “That’s good, I guess.” “It is.” Vincenzo eyes him, “So why did you call me this morning?” Hanseo pinches his nose and takes a deep breath, “I want Hanseok back in the apartment.”
Vincenzo thinks for a second, angles his head to the side, and says, “We agreed to keep him there for a week.” “No,” Hanseo shakes his head, “I want him back. I don’t want him to be there anymore.” “Why not?” he sounds disappointed – Vincenzo doesn’t hide the fact. “I want to be able to see him.” It’s the truth, Hanseo wants to see him – he misses looking at Hanseok. “Just four more days.” The younger man shakes his head again, “No, I want him back today.” Vincenzo leans forward and looks at Hanseo intently. “Tell me the truth,” he asks, “What is your intention with him?” Hanseo swallows and looks down.
“I don’t judge.” Hanseo blinks down and looks at the man who has helped him for the past two years, “I think you know what my intentions are.” “That’s dangerous territory,” Vincenzo warns, “You’ve already got a weakness for him. What if he finds out?”
“He won’t.” “Are you sure about that?” Vincenzo stirs, “You think after fucking him for the hundredth time, he won’t get a gist of your feelings?” Hanseo clears his throat, face turning red – the mention of fucking his brother alarms him. Vincenzo definitely knew what he wanted. “That’s where you and Cha Young come in.” Hanseo dares, “You can stop him if I’m unable to.”
Vincenzo raises his chin, “So, you have already admitted defeat?” he huffs a laugh, “Are you serious?” “I didn’t admit to anything. It’s a backup plan.” Hanseo answers quickly. “I just want to make sure
he doesn’t get away.” “Hanseo,” Vincenzo carries, “He has been molding you for a very long time. He can do so again if you give him the chance.” “I won’t give him a chance.” Hanseo negates, “I haven’t forgotten what he did to me. I’m not going to forget him shooting me or humiliating me. I’m not going to forget the trauma he caused me just because I’m able to fuck him now.” His voice rises, “I’m not some weak fucking shit who can be so easily controlled. Not anymore.”
Vincenzo slams his back against the couch, “I’m not saying that.”
“No, but you are implying it.” He retorts, “You think I don’t understand what might happen? I’m doing this for myself first.” He admits, “Yes, I want to fuck him. I’ve been thinking about it since
being in the hospital.” “I’ve known.” Hanseo’s eyes jump at the answer, and Vincenzo gives him a knowing look. “Maybe you never realized it,” Vincenzo starts, “But sometimes you got high on morphine and spoke about Hanseok a lot.” I never got high,” Hanseo tries to remember.
You never realized you were.” Vincenzo confirms. Hanseo blinks, and exhales. He shakes his head, “Okay, so?” he asks, “What does that have to do
with anything?” Vincenzo purses his lips and gets quiet.Hanseo sniffs, “I want him in the apartment by the time I get home.” He stands up and walks to his desk. “I’m not asking.” He says, “I appreciate the help, but Hanseok Is my business.”
Vincenzo gets up and fixes his suit. There is silence for a minute and the mafia man exhales and
speaks. “Alright, but like you said. If I see something fishy, I’m putting a stop to it. Hanseok is
manipulative and I’ll be keeping a watch on him.” Hanseo holds Vincenzo’s gaze. “The cameras stay no matter how much he begs you to remove them.” Vincenzo says, “I know that’s the first thing he will be asking you to do.” With that, Vincenzo nods and walks out. As soon as Vincenzo is gone, and the office is empty. Hanseo’s heart swells in happiness. His lips twitch up and his chest flutters. The thought of Hanseok being home by the time he got off work was exciting. It rejuvenated his emotions and once again, Hanseo felt whole again.
That wasn’t so hard. All he has to do now is stay in this forsaken office for the next few hours and get through the day. But the day goes by pretty quick. Unlike morning time, Hanseo’s time passes by in a minute because his head is in the clouds and his imagination is running wild.
He can’t wait to see his brother.
He feels like a kid about to get the world handed to him. That’s how it feels right now. Hanseo signs a late file that walks through the doors in the assistant’s hands. He smiles at her and leaves the office with a skip. Back in the car, he drums his fingers on the steering wheel as he drives home. The row of the day behind him. --- At home, he dashes straight to the cctv room and sits in his chair. Turning from one monitor to
another. Hanseok isn’t there, but Vincenzo is laying on Hanseok’s bed and tapping his feet together.
Hanseo rewinds the footage and checks what time Vincenzo came.
Twenty minutes ago. And he came with Hanseok. Hanseo sucks in his breath as he watches his worn-out brother return home in the same clothes, he
last saw him. His hair is ruffled and his posture weak. They go straight to the bedroom and Hanseok sits on the edge of the bed as Vincenzo starts lecturing him. Again, Hanseo wishes there was a microphone on the cameras so he could hear what
was going on. They talk for good ten minutes – Hanseok nodding and talking back to Vincenzo. They both seem to agree on something, and Vincenzo points out the door.

The End