Chapter 1

A slow day. Rayce thought as he looked at the clock hanging on the wall next to his counter.

Rayce was an 29 year old employee of a bank. Today was Thursday and the people coming to avail their services has dwindled. Mondays were busy and it slowed from then on.

It hardly mattered to him as he couldn't wait to get home. Yesterday, he had purchased a new game that the people all over the internet were raving about. He wanted to play it and collect the most powerful items in the game. He had heard that they could even sell the items online to other players and that people were profiting from it. He sighed as he looked at the clock striking 5 pm. Another hour and I'll be out.

"Rayce, do you want to go get a cup of coffee", Kiara asked.

Kiara was a colleague of his who sat next to his counter. She was a beautiful girl and had joined the bank just a few months back. They had become good friends and she would occasionally drop him off after work. She also liked games and the first time they met, they had talked for hours about the games they had played and improvements that could have been done.

"Yes, let go", Rayce replied.

-------

"Finally", Rayce sighed.

He quickly cleared out his desk and got ready to go home. Kiara was waiting for him but he politely declined the invitation to go with her. He had to buy a lot of snacks and other stuff on his way home. He will be locking himself up and playing the game until midnight and he didn't want any disturbances.

As he made his way to the neighborhood convenience store, the lights were starting to come on as it was becoming dark. He saw people out and about. Couples, people running and tourists just enjoying the evening air.

He quickly bought the items. As he came near the bridge on his way home, he could hear the trucks and big vehicles on the road. As he made his way, his eye caught sight of a person, a young girl, who was dangerously close to the guardrail. In an instant, the girl, climbed the guardrail. He knew what she was going to do and ran. Other people were also running to save her. As soon as he reached her, he yanked her arm so that it prevents her fall and drags her to the pavement. Instead he slipped and fell off the bridge.

As he was falling off of the bridge into the river below he only had one thought. That he had learned how to swim.

When he came to it was dark. Very dark.

As he opened his eyes, there was only darkness all around him.

Suddenly as if pulled forward, a pillar of light came rushing at him, enveloping him.

As his eyes got adjusted to the light, he looked around and saw that he was standing in a white room and a teenage girl was sitting on a throne smiling at him.

"Welcome", she said smiling.

"W-where am I. I thought I fell into the river"

"You certainly did".

"Is this the afterlife".

"To be exact, it's a gateway for souls that connects worlds".

"A gateway?"

"Yes, you see your world is not the only one and neither is your universe. There are countless universes and your world is one that is located on one of those universes.

Different worlds with different universal laws and by using those laws, different lifeforms live their lives".

"Are you a God?"

"Hmm, you could say that. But I'm more like a manager of some universes. You may refer to me as God, I guess. But I do have a name. I'm called Dexra".

"So Dexra, what is going to happen to me?"