Chapter 19

"Get into formation!" Ian shouted next to me.

As they charged towards us, Rina began to chant behind me and soon a barrier was formed out of thin air in front of us, separating us from the goblins. The charging goblins crashed into the shield and were flung backwards.

Plop, plop

The sound made by the goblin magic hitting the shield reached us. I could see the goblin mages continuously firing projectiles towards us which were hitting the shield and dissipating.

"Mages and archers, we need covering fire," Ian screamed, while he also chanted and strengthened the shield made by Rina.

Various forms of long ranged magic floated in my head.

Ashryn was firing rapid shots using her bow. The arrows materialized automatically when she pulled back the string. Rina was also casting fire magic and was shooting what looked like fire arrows. They were slowly whittling down the goblin ranks.

As I was thinking of what magic to use, Airi suggested one.

(Master, use Hail storm.)

I agreed and prepared the 5th circle magic called Hail storm.

As I indicated the area where the magic should form, wind began to blow fiercely in the goblins midst. A small cyclone began to form with lightning and hail mixed in within the rotating wind. I brought the hail storm down and it made a cracking noise and a white film descended in front of us.

crrajack, thump, bzzzz, bzzzzzzz

When the white film from the magic eventually subsided, there was nothing left except torn goblin parts. Only small Energons lying about could be seen.

"Wow, so this is 6th circle magic," I heard Rina whisper.

It was actually a 5th circle spell. I was busy looking for any survivors so I didn't say anything.

Ashryn and Ian were looking at me in shock.

"I thought you were bluffing about being a sixth circle, to be honest," Ashryn said.

"I knew it. You're our saviour!" Ian said clinging onto me.

"Haha. Let's proceed. Shall we?"

"Ah, Ah....yes. Of course," Herbert said averting his gaze from me and looking back at his accurator. He looked pale and shaken up.

Ian went and picked up the Energons strewn around and we continued heading deeper into the forest.

-----

We soon reached a clearing where the rays of the sun streaked through the trees more clearly, illuminating the surroundings.

(Airi, how far are we inside the forest?)

(I'd say about three percent.)

This forest was too vast.

"S-Should we rest for a bit?" Herbert asked.

He didn't look too well so we agreed.

"Pardon me. This is my first time inside the Frithrin forest. I'm sorry for dragging you all along for my childish curiosity."

"It's fine. I want to see the ruins as well," I assured him.

Rina took a small bag hanging on her waist and brought out a few camping tools.

"Ah, it's a magic bag," She said, when she saw me looking at it.

Ian went to get some branches and soon we had a fire going on and we sat around it. The forest was damp and a cold wind was blowing in spite of the sun shining on us.