Chapter 12

Hans came to get me the next morning and I was led to a big salon with sofas and chairs neatly arranged, making it look like the lobbies of famous five-star hotels. The grandmother was sitting on one of the chairs and sipping what looked like tea. She seemed completely cured. The color had returned to her cheeks and her eyes were full of life as she looked at me. I breathed a sigh.

"Rayce, come dear child." She beckoned to me as soon as she saw me.

I smiled and greeted her. And slowly sat in the chair that the butler had pulled for me. He then poured a cup of tea for me as well.

"My, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Angeline von Kaerius. You can call me Grandma Angeline."

I smiled and nodded. "Sure, Grandma Angeline."

Now, she looked like a rich noble lady with delicate features that strongly resembled Amelia. You could instantly tell that she came from a noble background by looking at her gestures and how she conducted herself.

"Rayce, I would like to thank you for healing me. Even though you had no obligation to do so."

"Our family will forever hold a place for you."

I bowed to her and said,

"You don't need to thank me. In the first place, the potion was made to help people. I am happy that I was able to help someone so soon."

She smiled and nodded as if she expected that.

"How old are you by the way? You look really young for someone who could make such advanced potions."

"I'm 21," I said taking a sip of the scented tea whose aroma was slowly spreading in the room.

"Ah. Was your master a grand alchemist?"

"Haha. You could say that. I was taught various things and I started my journey after he passed on. I'm just learning the rest of the things as time goes on." I lied.

"Oh, my condolences for your master. I'm sure he is looking at you fondly from beyond." She smiled kindly.

"I hear you are leaving for Astrya. Have you made any plans for what you're going to do there?"

"I don't have a concrete plan yet except being able to travel and see the world. But I think I will be staying in Astrya for a while."

"Oh, in that case, you should meet our relatives while staying there. Amelia's mother is originally from Astrya and her maternal family still lives there." She said with a smile.

"Ahaha, is that so."

"By the way, many noble children get married at your age. It is indeed a great age to get married." She said mischievously.

(Master, it's a trap!)

"Have you found anyone?"

"Haha. Not yet, no. I'm still young so I want to travel a little and see the world first."

"I see. Let's put that off for another time then." She said thoughtfully.

"By the way, how is Amelia? She can be a little forceful but she is a very kind child."

"Haha. She seems like a really good girl."

"Hmm, is that so," She said as if she expected a different reply.

At that moment, Marquis Henry burst into the room with a loud bang as the door was almost taken off its hinges. I almost spilled the tea.

"Mother, what are you doing here? I told you to rest."

"Sigh. Stop making a ruckus inside the mansion. You're not a child anymore. And, I am completely fine as you can see. The potion worked wonders."

"That....cannot be disputed but still, you need to rest for at least a day."