Thirteen

Zhang Hao had gotten to the company earlier like he was told to by Hanbin.

As he walks into the building, he's not sure where to go, so he asks the lady in the front desk.

"Do you have a meeting with him?" She asks him and he nods. "Name?"

"Zhang Hao."

"Alright. Go to the eleventh floor and his room is all the way towards the end of the hallway. Here's your visitor pass."

"Thank you." Zhang Hao thanks her and walks towards the elevator.

He takes a few deep breaths and presses on the eleventh floor button.

He really hopes he's able to get out of this situation with just a warning.

After arriving at the eleventh floor, he starts making his way towards the end of the hallway. He knows Hanbin told him he wanted to meet up with him before, but Zhang Hao's not sure where, and Hanbin doesn't answer his messages.

As he almost reaches the room he's supposed to go to, he feels someone grab his arm and pull him into a room.

"What the-"

"Shh." Hanbin puts a finger on his lips.

Zhang Hao looks at Hanbin, then notices a man walking towards the room he was going to. He's assuming that's the CEO.

"Was that necessary? You scared me." Zhang Hao takes Hanbin's hands off of him.

"I'm sorry. It's just that we have to plan this out ahead of time. We can't just go in there without knowing what we're going to do."

"What's there to plan out? Aren't we just going to say we're friends and pulled a prank and that's it?"

"It's not that easy. My CEO isn't that easy to convince. Plus, Matthew's CEO will be here too. It's kind of a big deal."

"I'm here." The door opens to reveal Matthew. "Oh, I see he's here already."

"Yeah, I was just telling him that we need a plan, just in case we're asked about each other." Hanbin tells him. "I already know Matthew and Matthew already knows me, but neither one of us knows you and you don't know us." He tells Zhang Hao. "So just tell me some random facts about you or something... just in case. I'm good at memorizing things."

"Okay... well..." Zhang Hao starts telling them facts about himself.

"I can do most of the talking, okay? You guys can just answer the questions being asked to you." Hanbin tells them.

"Got it." Matthew nods. "I have to go to the restroom, so I'll get going first." He walks out of the room.

"Don't be too worried. I'll make everything sound believable, so don't worry. You won't get in trouble." Hanbin says to Zhang Hao.

Zhang Hao just nods, hoping he's right.

-

"What the hell are you saying?! What were you thinking to do something so stupid like that?!" The CEO of Hanbin's company yells at them. "Matthew, Hanbin... you two are idols. What were you thinking by pulling a prank like that?!"

"We're really sorry. We didn't think it'd be too bad. We took the prank a little too seriously and it went too far." Hanbin tells him.

Zhang Hao stays looking down, not being able to look at the CEO's. They look kind of intimidating.

"And you... why would you accept this stupid idea? You know these two are more famous than you! Why would you accept to be seen as the one who broke the rules for a stupid prank?"

Zhang Hao finally looks up at him, feeling his legs shake. "I'm sorry, sir. I know it was a bad idea." He apologizes.

"An apology doesn't cut it. Matthew why the hell were you rude to him if this was just a prank? Why would you want to be seen like that?!" The CEO to his company asks him.

"Because... like we said, it was all just a prank." He tells him. "We're good friends and I joke around with him like that sometimes. It just slipped out since it's common behavior. I was just joking."

"Is that true, Zhang Hao?"

Zhang Hao just wants to get out of there already. He feels like he can't breathe as all the attention is on him.

"Is that true?" The CEO repeats.

Zhang Hao is about to answer until he ends up feeling someone put their hand on top of his. He turns around to see Hanbin.

"I know what we did was wrong, but it was my idea." Hanbin lies. "So go easy on them. I came up with this prank. It was all my idea."