Twenty-Six

Hanbin tries to call Matthew again, but he doesn't answer. He really misses him. They've been friends for a really long time and had never had an argument as bad as this one. But like Zhang Hao said, maybe he needs time and he'll come around when he's ready to talk.

Just as he makes himself a cup of coffee, he hears the doorbell ring. He puts his cup down and opens the door, thinking it's probably Jiwoong.

He feels his eyes water when he sees Matthew and he immediately pulls him in for a hug. "Matthew?! I'm so happy to see you!"

"Yeah, I wish I could say the same." Matthew mumbles and pulls away from the hug. He walks into the apartment and Hanbin closes the door behind him.

"I'm so sorry, Matthew. You have no idea how much I regret what I did."

"Apologies don't solve anything. It's better to apologize with actions."

"What can I do to make it up to you?"

"Just... being there for me. I'm kind of going through something right now. I've made two new friends these past few days, and yeah, its felt nice telling them my problems and them giving me advice, but still... I missed talking to my best friend about what's going on in my life." Matthew tells him. "Before we were together, we had been best friends for a long time after all."

"Please tell me all your problems, Matthew. I'll do anything to help you."

"Okay, so..." Matthew starts telling him everything going on with his company and how he can't renew the contract anymore. How he feels like he doesn't know what to do anymore.

"What if you sign to my company?" Hanbin asks him. "Yeah, it may not be the best company ever since sometimes they overwork us, but most companies do that anyway. And one thing's for sure, they wouldn't drop you over a scandal. I always thought your company was worse than mine anyway."

"Do you really think they'd take me in?"

"It's definitely worth a try." Hanbin nods. "I'll talk to my CEO about it, okay?"

"That means a lot, thank you. When my company told me they were letting me go, I really had no idea what I was going to do now."

"By the way... who are these two new friends of yours?"

"You'll find out soon enough." Matthew shrugs. "I'm still kind of mad at you and it'll take some time to forgive you, but I don't want to lose someone who was super important to me for so many years."

"I really appreciate you giving me another chance to be your friend. I won't disappoint you again, I promise."

"By the way... how was your date with Zhang Hao at the amusement park yesterday?" Matthew raises an eyebrow.

"What? How did you-"

"That's not really important. I just knew I wasn't wrong when I thought you liked him."

"We just hung out. It wasn't a date. I really don't like-"

"You really don't have to lie to me anymore. I've already accepted it. Plus, I have worse things to worry about right now." He sighs. "Deny it all you want, but why did I hear you're taking violin lessons when you already know how to play the violin?"

-

After Matthew leaves, Hanbin debates on whether or not to send a message to Zhang Hao. He kind of feels bad for leaving the amusement park so early, but he felt really guilty yesterday. The talk he just had with Matthew made him feel better.

After a while, he decides to send Zhang Hao a message.

Hanbin
Hey, I'm sorry for leaving
so early yesterday. Hopefully
we can hang out again soon

Zhang Hao
Yeah of course
You said you wanted violin lessons
Do you want to come over tomorrow?

Hanbin thinks about it for a while. He kind of wanted him to say today, but that works too.

Hanbin
Okay. See you tomorrow then!

_______________

There might be a lot of updates
today so make sure to vote
and comment  💙