Twenty-Seven

Hanbin stands up and grabs his jacket before walking out of his apartment. He hasn't visited his mom in a while, so he makes his way to her cafe, since that's most likely where she is right now.

Ever since he became an idol, he couldn't visit his mom as often since his schedule was so full all the time, but he's been having a lot more time lately.

Before he was an idol, he actually helped his mom out in the cafe, so that's what he wants to do today too.

Sometimes he misses how life used to be before. How closer to his family he used to be. How he could do little things without being recognized.

He wants to be normal Sung Hanbin for the day.

So he makes his way to his moms cafe and a smile forms on his face when he sees her.

Hanbin makes enough money so his mom doesn't have to work, but you can tell this is something she loves to do, which is why she won't give up the cafe.

"Mom, you still don't hire anyone to help you? I told you to hire someone." Hanbin gives her a hug.

"Hanbin! You didn't tell me you were coming." His mom smiles.

"I wanted it to be a surprise." He tells her. "But I already told you that you can stop working, mom. I make enough money so you don't have to run this cafe by yourself."

"How can I close it down? Thanks to you I get a lot of customers. Your fans know about this cafe and come here everyday thinking you'll stop by."

"Oh, right." He quickly puts his hat down to cover his eyes a little more and raises his face mask a little. "But at least hire someone to help you."

"I would, but the ones who want to work here end up being your fans. They just want to work here to get a chance to see you or to get close to me since I'm your mom. I want to hire someone who doesn't care about you."

"Hey, mom!" Hanbin frowns. "But don't end up hiring a hater. That could go much worse."

"Don't worry, I can run this cafe on my own." She sees customers walk in and some asking for more things so she quickly rushes towards them.

"Yeah, right." Hanbin mumbles and grabs an apron, reminding himself of the days before he was famous.

His phone suddenly starts ringing and he sees Jiwoong is calling him.

"Oh hey, Jiwoong. Is this important?" Hanbin asks him. "I'm kind of busy."

"No, I just wanted to let you know that starting next week, you'll have some schedules some days, but we can discuss that in person later if you're busy."

"Yeah, sorry. I came to my moms cafe and it's full of people. She refuses to hire anyone since they all end up being my fans. So now that I'm here, I should help. Talk to you later." Hanbin hangs up and walks over to the customers to greet them. After around twenty minutes, he continues welcoming them as well as taking their orders.

"Hello, welcome. What can I get for you today?" Hanbin puts the money away in the cash register and finally looks up at the customer. "Zhang Hao? What are you doing here?"