Forty-Six

Once Matthew and Ricky had gotten to the cafe, Matthew ended up staying for a while since he didn't have any plans for the day. Since Yunjin was staying there, he ended up hanging out with her at the cafe as Ricky was working as a barista.

"So how did everything go at the hotel? I was watching it and it was kind of funny how you actually believed the old lady was a ghost."

"Don't even remind me. I was so scared in that moment. It made me realize how easy it is for me to get scared."

"Did Jiwoong go to your rescue?"

"What? How did you- but no, he actually went with Hanbin to get all of us out of there... not just me."

"I get he's Hanbin's manager, but does he really follow him everywhere?" Yunjin raises an eyebrow. "Or did he maybe just go because he was worried about you?"

"Well, he's not only Hanbin's manager. He's also his friend. They're pretty close and since they were together yesterday, that's why he went with him."

"Yeah, well, okay." Yunjin gives up. No matter how many times everyone tries telling him Jiwoong likes him, Matthew's still oblivious. "But I just want you and Hanbin to be happy. We may not be as close as we used to be since I moved away, but I'll always be there for you guys. Just give me a call if you ever need something. I'm so glad you and Hanbin continued being friends even after the breakup. So I hope you two can be happy with the people you love."

"I'm sure Hanbin's doing great right now." Matthew tells her. "He was going to ask Zhang Hao to be his boyfriend today."

"Wait, really? What did he say?"

"I hope he said yes. I talked to Zhang Hao this morning and he said he and Hanbin confessed their feelings for each other last night. I'm pretty sure they're a couple by now."

"That's great! So now it's just you and Jiwoong."

"Yeah, honestly... I won't lie anymore. I've realized I have feelings for him. I'm not sure how to tell him about it, though. Like I said, he's also Hanbin's friend so even if there's a chance he does have feelings for me, he may not want to give us a try because of his friendship with him."

"Well, you'll never know unless you try."

"The thing is... ever since my break up with Hanbin, it's kind of hard for me to even think of confessing to someone first. I don't want them to end up saying yes just because they don't want to ruin our friendship... you know... just like Hanbin accepted even though he didn't actually have feelings for me."

"Oh, Matthew. It's okay." Yunjin pulls him in for a hug and pats his back. "If you don't feel as confident to confess to him first, why don't you just blurt it out? Just keep it simple and tell him you like him. There's no need to beat around the bush."

"Yeah, but even thinking of saying those three words..." Matthew sighs. "I don't know if I can do it. I've been getting more and more nervous around him lately."

"I'm on my break." Ricky walks over to them and sits down across from Matthew. "Thankfully, there's not many people today."

"I agreed to help Mrs. Sung out as well so I'll get going." Yunjin stands up. "We'll finish talking later, okay?" She asks Matthew and he nods before she walks away.

"What were you talking about?" Ricky asks him.

"I was just telling her that I want to confess to Jiwoong, but I can't." He sighs. "Even thinking about it makes me so nervous."

"So why don't you practice with me?"

"With you?!" Matthew gets a confused look on his face.

"What's so bad about that?" Ricky asks, offended. "It's just for practice."

"I appreciate it, but I don't think it would work anyway. I'd be seeing you right now so it'd be easy to confess, but once I have to confess to Jiwoong, I'd probably get so nervous and end up not saying anything."

"You never know unless you try. Act like I'm Jiwoong and pretend you're confessing to him. I'll give you some advice and tell you if that's a good way to confess."

"Fine..." Matthew sighs. "I-I like you."

"That's it?" Ricky asks in disbelief.

"Yunjin told me I could keep it simple. There's no need to beat around the bush and say all those cheesy lines. I like him and that's all that matters."

"Well, okay... but at least make it sound believable. You're just saying three words."

"Okay..." Matthew takes a deep breath before looking up at Ricky and pretending he's Jiwoong. "I like you."

"Make it more believable." Ricky repeats.

"I said I like you so much that whenever I'm with you, my heart beats like crazy and I can't even make eye contact with you! I like you!"

Ricky smiles since Matthew did such a good job but his smile immediately fades when he sees Jiwoong and Gyuvin walking over to them.

Since Matthew notices Ricky staring at something, he turns around and sees Jiwoong stop walking. Matthew's eyes widen when he sees the saddest look on Jiwoong's face. He had never seen him like this.

-

As Zhang Hao is cooking, he feels someone wrap their arms around his waist. He turns around and sees Hanbin came back.

"Here are their orders." Hanbin puts a piece of paper down. "You'll definitely need my help."

"Woah, how many people came?" Zhang Hao asks him, seeing the page is almost full.

"There was around six people at the table."

"Yeah, I'm most definitely going to need your help." Zhang Hao tells him.

After a few hours of working, they're finally done since Zhang Hao's mom ended up coming back. There wasn't that many people and Hao's mom said she'd be closing the restaurant a little earlier today anyway.

"You said you didn't have any plans today, right?" Hanbin asks him and Hao nods. "Do you want to go to the amusement park? Last time we went there, we ended up coming back really early. We didn't get to do everything we wanted to."

"That sounds really fun! I remember you said you wanted to buy some headbands, right? But we didn't get to because we came back early."

"Yeah, we can finally buy matching headbands." Hanbin takes his hand. "It's our first day as a couple."