Forty-Three

"How did you sleep yesterday?" Jiwoong asks Hanbin as they make their way to Hanbin's photoshoot schedule.

"Really good." Hanbin smiles. "I'm not the biggest fan of staying in other people's homes. It's usually hard for me to fall asleep, but it was so easy last night."

"Oh, I wonder why." Jiwoong smirks. "You seem really happy, which means something happened."

"You know me so well." Hanbin tells him. "But just like you know me so well, I know you too. You seem happier than usual."

"What? No I don't." Jiwoong shakes his head. He isn't only Hanbin's manager, he's also one of his best friends. He doesn't want to tell him he has feelings for his ex-boyfriend. "But tell me... what happened?"

"It feels so surreal now that I think about it." Hanbin isn't able to stop smiling. "I admitted my feelings to Zhang Hao."

"Wow, about time. You went as far as wanting him to give you violin lessons."

"Don't bring that up anymore." Hanbin frowns. "It's so embarrassing now that I think about it. I can't believe I couldn't come up with a better excuse to get close to him."

"But what did he say? Judging by how happy you look, it seems like it went well, right?"

"Yeah... he told me he likes me too. It's something I really wasn't expecting. Even now, I can't help but smile like an idiot. It feels so surreal."

"I'm so glad things worked out for you, but what now? Did you ask him out?"

"I heard his birthday's in a few days. I kind of want to throw him a surprise party and ask him out there. You have no idea how badly I wanted to ask him to be my boyfriend last night... but it felt like it wasn't the right place."

"That sounds like a good idea. Just let me know and I'll help you set everything up for the birthday party."

"Thanks, Jiwoong." Hanbin smiles, but realizes Jiwoong isn't so happy anymore. "By the way, what's going on? You seemed happy just a few minutes ago."

"It's just... something's been on my mind."

"What is it?" Hanbin asks, curiously.

"Well, I have a friend..." Jiwoong starts. "And he likes his friends ex-boyfriend. He liked him since they were together, but his friend didn't like his boyfriend in the first place, so is it wrong for my friend to go for his friends ex?"

"Do you mean... is it wrong for you to go after Matthew since we're friends and he's my ex?" Hanbin asks him, making Jiwoong quickly turn to him.

"What? How did you-"

"It's been kind of obvious ever since we all gathered at my moms cafe, but it was even more obvious last night when Ricky gave you two matching pajamas. He did that to me and Hao too, so I assumed he was doing it for the same reasons."

"I'm sorry, I really didn't want this to happen." Jiwoong apologizes. "I know there's so many other people in the world, so why did I have to fall for your ex? But I really couldn't help it."

"Jiwoong, it's okay. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Matthew move on and be with someone he loves and who loves him. And who better than you to make him happy?"

"Really? You're not mad at me or something?"

"We don't choose who to like. I fell for Hao the moment I saw him. I know that better than anyone."

-

"Is Zhang Hao still not awake?" Zhang Hao hears Ricky asking as he makes his way to the kitchen.

"Good morning." Zhang Hao says as Ricky and Matthew are in the kitchen.

"More like 'good afternoon'. You overslept, sleepyhead." Ricky tells him. "Now come on, eat something."

"Is it just you guys?" Zhang Hao looks around, not seeing Jiwoong or Gyuvin.

"Yeah, Jiwoong had to go with Hanbin and Gyuvin has classes right now." Ricky tells him.

"Oh." Hao nods and sits down after washing his hands. Ricky hands him a plate full of food and he starts eating, then notices Matthew's sitting across from him. "Is everything okay?" Hao asks him.

"Oh, he's been like that all morning. He hasn't said much." Ricky tells him. "By the way, I have to get going to the cafe soon."

"Wait!" Matthew stops him. "I kind of want to tell you guys something and I want both of you to give me advice."

"Of course. What is it?"

"I think I like Jiwoong."