Thirty-Seven

"Does that mean..." Zhang Hao starts and they all look at each other.

"Run!" They all run back to the room, the old lady chasing them, and they immediately lock themselves in before she can come in.

They hear her start knocking on the door and they scream. "It's the old lady ghost!" Matthew yells as he and Ricky hug in fear.

"It's okay... it's not like ghosts can teleport, right?" Ricky nervously laughs. "Wait, pass me the phone." He reaches for the phone to film the hotel room. "I just noticed this room doesn't even have windows. We can't escape any other way. We have to use the door or we're staying here forever."

"There's no way that old lady's a ghost. I'm sure they're just messing with us." Zhang Hao tells them. "The viewers like to do that sometimes." He gets the phone from Ricky again and faces the camera towards him and Matthew.

"Whether that old lady is a ghost or not, she's creepy. And she hates us! I was just recommending her hotel. She didn't have to chase me like that." Ricky fake cries.

"How could she even run like that at her age? There's no way she's human." Matthew adds.

"You guys..." Ricky's eyes widen. "Where's the bug?!"

"We need to get out of here!" Matthew yells as he and Ricky start jumping up and down.

"You guys, calm down... maybe it flew out of the room." Zhang Hao tells them. "It's getting late so let's start cleaning the room and seeing where we're going to sleep."

"Yeah, I don't think it's safe to close our eyes in this place." Matthew tells him. "If the ghost lady doesn't kill you, the bug will."

"Yeah, no wonder no one stays here anymore. Those reviews needed to get into more detail. We were lied to." Ricky tells Zhang Hao.

"Oh, don't be so dramatic. Like I said, she's probably not even a ghost." Zhang Hao tells them, trying not to show he's just as scared as them.

"Well, okay. Since we're stuck in here anyway, let's see what we can do." Matthew notices there's an old tv and tries finding the remote. "Do you guys see the tv remote anywhere?"

"I don't think this thing even has a remote. I didn't even notice there was a tv in here. Did it teleport or something?" Ricky asks them.

Matthew stands up to turn the tv on and tries changing the channels. "It only has one channel." He says before the channel turns to a scary movie, making him and Ricky scream at the jump scare.

"Turn it off!" Ricky yells and Matthew turns it off as fast as he can. "I'm so bored... what were we thinking?"

"Yeah, the old lady doesn't even let us get out of our rooms. This is not a hotel, it's a prison." Matthew says.

"Do you think there's room service here?" Ricky asks them. "If I call, will the old lady ghost bring me food?"

"If you want to get poisoned, go ahead." Matthew tells him.

"I'm really hungry though." Ricky frowns.

"Didn't you eat before coming here?" Zhang Hao asks him.

"So? You know I love food."

After a while of cleaning the room up a bit, they hear a knock on the door again, startling them.

"The old lady's back!" Ricky and Matthew yell.

"Shut up!" Zhang Hao scolds them. "Let's pretend we're asleep." He's about to turn the light off, but it turns off by itself. "We'll have to finish the livestream here, everyone. I'll post more parts to this later. Bye." He quickly ends the live.

The knocking continues and they're all really scared at this point. "If we pretend to be asleep, she'll go away." Zhang Hao whispers but the knocking continues.

"It was nice knowing you all." Ricky cries.

"I'm so scared." Matthew cries with him.

"It's okay." Zhang Hao whispers and stands up. He's so scared too, but he uses the little courage he has and walks over to the door.

"No, what are you doing?" Ricky and Matthew yell.

"Who is it?" Zhang Hao asks.

"You guys... It's us!" They hear a voice.

"Who's us?" Ricky asks.

"Oh, wait. That's Hanbin!" Matthew says and Zhang Hao quickly turns the lights back on and opens the door.

"You're here!" Hanbin's taken by surprise when Zhang Hao pulls him in for a hug. Zhang Hao hugs him tightly, resting his chin on his shoulder as he finally lets out the tears he was holding in.

______________

Another chapter! I'm not sure
if I should post another one today
or wait for tomorrow. What do
you think? 🤔💙