Twenty-Eight

"Oh... Matthew came over to the restaurant for food since my mom met him and loved him, so she told him to come over today... And then Matthew told me you needed help at the cafe." Zhang Hao tells him.

"What? How did Matthew know? I only told Jiwoong. I didn't necessarily say I needed help... I just said the cafe was full of people."

Zhang Hao just shrugs. "Does that mean you don't need help?"

"No no, please help me. I used to do this all the time before, but I don't remember it ever being this full. It's so tiring."

Zhang Hao just smiles and grabs an apron before getting behind the other cash register. "By the way... you have good fans. They really respect your space."

"What? What do you mean?"

"Fans who love you clearly recognize you. When I walked in, I immediately recognized you."

"Am I really that recognizable?" Hanbin asks him and Hao nods. "Well, you probably just recognized me because you've been seeing me a lot lately. If a fan would've recognized me, at least one would've let me know."

"If you say so." Zhang Hao tells him as he can clearly see a few fans at a table, pointing at Hanbin while talking about him.

Zhang Hao had never worked as a barista before, but he really did want to help, so he's taking orders while Hanbin makes the coffee.

Zhang Hao would just do the order himself when it consisted of giving them a piece of cake or bread.

After a few minutes, the line isn't too long anymore. "I'll go clean up the tables. You can handle this by yourself, right?"

"Yeah." Hanbin nods. "Thanks for your help."

Zhang Hao walks over to clean the tables and as he's cleaning them, he hears a voice behind him. He turns around to see a girl.

"Hi, you had never been here before, right?" She asks him. "I'm a regular here and I would've recognized a face like yours. You're really cute."

Zhang Hao's taken aback. Yes, girls have flirted with him before when he helps his mom at the restaurant, but this girl was super straight forward. Plus, he thought they were Hanbin's fans, but he was probably the one they were talking about, not Hanbin.

"Can I have your number?" She asks him.

Hanbin watches from afar and can't help but feel annoyed.

"Excuse me?" The customer in front of the register asks him since he's so distracted. "Hello?"

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Hanbin finally looks at the customer. "Welcome, what would you like to order today?"

He can't believe it's so easy for other people to flirt with a person they're interested in. He doesn't even have Zhang Hao's number and this girl is going to have it without even knowing him for more than a few minutes.

Hanbin rolls his eyes and turns back to hand the order to the customer.

"I'm not interested." Zhang Hao tells her. "I'm sorry, but I don't even know you."

"That's how every couple starts... as strangers. We could get to know each other."

"And I'm still not interested." Zhang Hao repeats.

"Oh come on, it's just a number."

"No, I don't think you're understanding. I'm really not interested..." Zhang Hao starts. "In girls."