Thirty-Four

"I meant that Jiwoong and I are pretty close friends now too, so there's no reason to be jealous of Hanbin and Zhang Hao's friendship." Matthew clarifies.

"Oh... yeah." Yunjin nods. "I'm going to go talk to Mrs. Sung for a bit." She stands up and walks away, leaving them alone.

"Does it really not bother you to see Hanbin so close to someone else?" Jiwoong asks Matthew.

"I mean... it's not that it doesn't bother me at all, but surprisingly, it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would." He grabs his cup of coffee. "By the way, I have a meeting with my future ex CEO right now, so I should get going." He stands up.

"Oh, okay." Jiwoong stands up as well. "Do you want me to drive you?"

"No, it's okay. It's not too far anyway." Matthew smiles at him. "By the way... Zhang Hao's friend over there has been looking at you for a while. Why don't you go talk to him?"

Jiwoong looks away from Matthew and looks towards the direction Matthew's looking at, and notices a blond guy staring at him. As soon as they make eye contact, the blond winks at him.

"Well, I should get going. There's only a few more days until I'm finally free from that company... see you later." Matthew waves at him and says goodbye to everyone else before walking out of the cafe.

Since Jiwoong's left alone now, he walks over to Hanbin's mom and Yunjin to say goodbye.

"I'll get going now. It was good to see you, the coffee was really good by the way." Jiwoong tells her.

"It was great to see you too, Jiwoong. I hadn't seen you in a really long time. And the coffee was made by Ricky here. Today's his first day and I can see he's doing a good job." Hanbin's mom tells him.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ricky." Ricky extends his hand out for Jiwoong to shake.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jiwoong." He shakes his hand.

"You're cute."

"Ricky, don't flirt with customers during work hours!" Hanbin's mom tells him.

"Oh, I'm so sorry ma'am." He bows and quickly goes back to taking people's orders.

"Well, I'll get going." Jiwoong says goodbye before walking out of the cafe. As he's walking out, he hears someone rushing towards him and turns around to see Yunjin. "Did I forget something?"

"Yeah, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

"When did you start liking Matthew?"

-

"I thought we weren't having the violin lessons anymore." Zhang Hao tells Hanbin. "You already know how to play anyway."

"What? No I don't. I learned back in middle school but I forgot."

"Oh really?" Zhang Hao raises an eyebrow. "The way I found out was by seeing a video of you playing the violin... and that video was recent. I'm pretty sure it said it was posted a year ago."

"Okay, you caught me." Hanbin frowns. "Yeah, I learned back in middle school but I still play it sometimes."

"Wait, so why did you lie? And how did you even know I played the violin? You keep telling me I told you that before, but I really don't remember telling you."

"Okay, so... actually, when the scandal happened, I looked up the live you did at the restaurant and then a video of you playing the violin was recommended to me too." Hanbin says, honestly. "By the way, as I was watching that video, I noticed another video too. You also sing? Why didn't you become an idol?"

"I guess I was scared of getting rejected. Scared of getting told I wasn't good enough. Some people train for so many years only to be told they can't debut."

"Yeah, but your voice is amazing. I'm sure you could make it."

"I know my voice is not bad, but I don't think the idol life is for me anyway. Having a schedule everyday and getting overworked... I don't think I could handle that. I like how I am right now. I post YouTube videos occasionally and they do well." Zhang Hao tells him. "Of course, I don't think I'll ever get paid as much as an idol, but this is enough for me. I'm not the biggest fan of attention. I think if a lot of people recognized me when I go out, it'd get tiring."

"Oh..." Hanbin nods understandingly. He does have a point. "By the way, when are you guys filming the hotel video?"

"Well... Matthew's contract ends on Sunday, so we're probably filming it that day."

"I'm looking forward to it." Hanbin smiles at him. "By the way, I think it'd be a better idea if you do a live."

"I was thinking of that, but that didn't go too well last time." Zhang Hao tells him. "But you didn't answer... why did you want violin lessons?"

________________

Haobin or Mattwoong???

I'll let you know what that question
was for in the next chapter <3 by the way,
it has nothing to do with this story!!

Also, the next chapter will finally
be the hotel video chapter lol!!