Twenty-Nine

"Who was the girl you were talking to?" Hanbin asks Zhang Hao once they're done working at the cafe.

"Oh... just a customer."

"What did she want?" Hanbin asks even though he already heard what she told him.

"Oh, just my number... but I don't give it to strangers."

"Oh..." Hanbin just nods. "Do you want anything? We have different kinds of desserts or I could make you a coffee. I was a barista before becoming an idol. I'd always work here at my moms cafe."

"What? Really? Make me the best coffee you can then. I'd like to try it."

"Coming right up." Hanbin nods and starts making the coffee.

"By the way... I realized I don't have your number. It's okay if you don't trust me enough to give it to me yet. I just thought that since we're friends-"

"What?" Hanbin feels like an idiot. "Of course I trust you. Pass me your phone."

Zhang Hao gives him his phone and Hanbin puts his number in his contacts, then calls himself to have Hao's number.

"Okay, now we have each others numbers. Don't hesitate to call me if you ever want to talk." Hanbin tells him. "And thanks so much for coming over to help. You really didn't have to. I know you help your mom out at the restaurant too. You were probably busy." He hands him the cup of coffee.

"My moms restaurant wasn't so busy today... And you helped me a lot when we didn't even know each other. It's only right for me to help you too. Plus, we're actually friends now, right?"

"Of course." Hanbin nods.

"By the way, I heard your mom is looking to hire someone who's not a fan of yours."

"How did Matthew know this? I could've sworn I just said this to Jiwoong a few hours ago."

"Anyway... Ricky quit his job and is looking for a new one. Could he come over for an interview?"

"Yeah, of course." Hanbin nods. "I'll let my mom know and then I'll tell you when he can come over."

"Okay... well, I'll get going." Zhang Hao puts his cup of coffee down. "The coffee was delicious, by the way. I can tell you used to be a barista."

Just as Hanbin's about to say something, his mom rushes over to them after saying goodbye to the last customer of the day.

"I didn't get to talk to you earlier since the cafe was so full, but you must be Hanbin's friend, right?"

"Yes, ma'am. I'm Zhang Hao, nice to meet you."

"Likewise, Zhang Hao. I really appreciate you coming over to help us with the cafe. For some reason, it was more full today than any other day. It's not always like this, but thank you so much for your help." She takes some money out of her pocket.

"Oh, no ma'am. Please don't." He quickly shakes his head.

"You helped out a lot. It'd feel wrong to not pay you."

"No, seriously. You don't have to pay me. I did this as Hanbin's friend. I'd feel like I'm not really his friend if you paid me. I just came to help out a friend."

"Well, okay... but please come by anytime you want. Whatever you order will be free since you're Hanbin's friend."

"Okay, ma'am. See you again soon." Zhang Hao bows. "I'll see you tomorrow for your violin lessons." He tells Hanbin before walking out of the cafe.

"Did I just hear him say... violin lessons?!" Hanbin's mom asks in shock.