Sixteen

After the meeting, Hanbin goes back to his apartment. He had called Jiwoong over since he wanted to discuss his schedule with him.

"So I don't have anything for today, right?" Hanbin asks, making sure.

"No, your whole week is clear because of the scandal. I was told to cancel all your schedules." He tells him as he scrolls down the tablet, looking for his schedule for next week. "Then next week, it would've been the start of your tour, but since it was postponed, I'm not sure if there will be any schedules. I'll let you know."

"Okay." Hanbin nods, thinking about what he should do today since he has nothing to do. He then gets an idea. "Wait... could you drive me somewhere?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Okay, let me just go get something real quick." He rushes into his room to get the little piece of paper, then goes back out. "Let's go."

Once Hanbin and Jiwoong get in the car, Hanbin turns to the back seat and notices there's a suitcase.

"Why do you have a suitcase?"

"Oh... my apartment's being renovated right now, so I'm going to stay at a hotel." Jiwoong tells him as he starts driving.

"No way. Stay at my place."

"Huh?"

"Why do you seem so surprised? We're friends. Plus, you're my manager anyway. We're together 24/7."

"Well, thanks then. It probably won't be for long."

"It's fine. Take all the time you want."

"Where are you going anyway?"

"I just got a little hungry..." Hanbin tells him.

-

"Did everything go well?" Ricky asks Zhang Hao. "You're not in trouble or anything, right?"

"Nope... almost... but no, I didn't get in trouble."

"Really? They just let you get away with it like that? Didn't you almost ruin their careers? There's still articles coming out about everything."

"Yeah, I know. Honestly, I'd feel less guilty if I would've gotten some kind of punishment, but... Hanbin took all the blame."

"What? Why would he do that? That seems... suspicious." Ricky wiggles his eyebrows.

"What? No, it's not like that. He didn't do it for my sake. He said that's the only way he could get me and his boyfriend out of trouble."

"Okay, but why would he want to get you out of trouble when you were the one who started everything? I understand doing it for his boyfriends sake, but why for you? Does that mean... you're already as important to him as his boyfriend is? Wow, he just met you! Was that love at first sight?"

"Ricky!"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding." Ricky laughs. His expression changes into a smirk when he sees who just walked into the restaurant. "I think."

"What?" Zhang Hao turns around to see what Ricky is looking at and his eyes widen when he sees Hanbin walk in.

"Welcome!" Zhang Hao's mom quickly rushes out of the kitchen to greet him. "Oh, you're Hao's friend, right?"

"Yes." Hanbin nods. "Last time I was here, the food looked really delicious, but I didn't have the chance to eat anything. Zhang Hao told me it's usually not too full around this time, so I came."

"Wait, are you a celebrity or something?"

"Oh, I just don't really like crowded places." Hanbin tells her. "I prefer more peaceful atmospheres."

"Oh..." She nods. "Well, come sit over here. Zhang Hao's right there."

Hanbin walks over to Zhang Hao, who's sitting with someone he doesn't know. He's assuming it's a friend of his.

"Hey." Hanbin greets Zhang Hao, then turns to his friend. "Hey, I'm Hanbin." He extends his hands out.

"I'm Ricky." He shakes his hand. "Hao's boyfriend." He wraps an arm around Zhang Hao's shoulder, making Hanbin's smile fade.

"Oh, I see."

"You're not my boyfriend." Zhang Hao gets Ricky's arm off of him.

"Oh, did I say boyfriend? I just meant that I'm a friend that's a boy. Sorry, this isn't my first language." He smirks at Zhang Hao.

Zhang Hao just gives him a look to stop.

"Hao, could you come help me in the kitchen?" His mom asks him and he stands up.

"Coming!" He tells her. "I'll be right back, please sit down." He tells Hanbin before walking to the kitchen.

Hanbin just sits down and looks around. Thankfully, there really isn't that many people. He doubts anyone in here would know who he is. But he brought a hat and a face mask just in case he needs to use them later.

As he's looking around, he notices Ricky's looking at him with a smirk on his face.

"So... you're Zhang Hao's friend only?" Ricky asks him. "I thought Hao would tell me if he made a new friend, but he never mentioned you until very recently."

"Yeah, we're just friends."

"I'll just cut the act. I know you and Hao aren't friends. I know everything that happened. Don't worry, I won't say anything. Hao's my best friend and I'd keep all his secrets."

"What exactly do you know?" Hanbin asks him.

"Everything... How he almost got into trouble for filming you and your boyfriend at a restaurant since you two are famous." Ricky whispers. "Like I said, I'll keep the secret... but I also know you took all the blame for it. Why's that?"

"I just thought this was the only way the three of us could get into less trouble. I knew my punishment wouldn't be too bad, so I took the blame."

"Shouldn't you be mad at Hao, though? He almost ruined your career because of the scandal and I heard your tour got cancelled because of it... so that just leaves me one question." Ricky starts. "Do you believe in love at first sight?"

____________

Hope you're liking the story so far 💙 let me know what you think