Thirty-Nine

Zhang Hao realizes what he was just doing and quickly pulls away. "I'm so sorry!" He panics. "I shouldn't have done that!" He rushes towards the door.

"Zhang Hao, wait!" Hanbin tries stopping him from leaving, but he's already out of the room.

Hanbin sighs in frustration. Everything happened so fast and he couldn't even process what was happening, so he just stood there, frozen.

He rushes out of the room, trying to catch up with Zhang Hao so they can talk, but he sees he's already with the rest of the boys.

"What took you two so long? We've been waiting for a while." Ricky tells them.

"I was just making sure I didn't forget anything." Zhang Hao lies.

"There was no need to be so scared after all, Hao. This old lady is super nice." Ricky wraps an arm over Zhang Hao's shoulder. "She was actually just telling us the reason this hotel is this way and why she was so rude at first."

"Oh, really?" Zhang Hao just nods. At this point, even if this old lady really would've been a ghost, it wouldn't have scared him anymore. He's more scared of talking with Hanbin about what just happened.

"Come on, let's get going and I'll tell you the story." Ricky tells him and after saying goodbye to the old lady, they all walk out of the hotel. "By the way, what's up with the four of you?" Ricky asks, confused.

"What do you mean?" Matthew asks him.

"Well, after ending my call and going back into the hotel, you and Jiwoong were just standing there and have been super awkward... And after Hao and Hanbin got out of that room, they looked like they saw a ghost."

"Nothing's wrong." Zhang Hao shakes his head. "I'm just still a little startled because of everything that happened today."

"Well, if you say so... how about we have a sleepover at my place?" Ricky suggests. "After everything that happened today, I don't want to sleep alone tonight. What do you say?"

"It could be fun." Matthew nods. "But please tell me your house isn't haunted. I'm so tired of getting scared. I need a break."

"Oh don't worry, there's nothing like that." Ricky shakes his head. "Does anyone else want to come? Or will it only be me and Matthew?"

"I'll come." Jiwoong immediately says. "Like Matthew said... it sounds fun."

"Perfect! Hao? Hanbin?"

"Oh, I kind of have a schedule tomorrow and have to wake up super early." Hanbin tells him.

"Oh, that sucks. What about you, Hao? Come on..." Ricky frowns. "You've never said no to a Ricky sleepover party!"

"Okay, fine. I'll go." Zhang Hao agrees. Things wouldn't be awkward since Hanbin's not going anyway.

"But I can just wake up extra early." Hanbin tells Ricky. "I'll go."

"Awesome, so everyone's coming! Let's get going."

Zhang Hao mentally facepalms himself for saying yes. He really wants to say he changed his mind and actually has something to do, but everyone would find that even more suspicious.

Zhang Hao feels Hanbin staring at him, but he doesn't dare make eye contact with him. He's so embarrassed right now.

"Come on, I brought my car. I can drive all of us there." Jiwoong tells them.

Ricky rushes to the passenger's seat and opens the door. "I'll go in the passengers seat so I can tell you the directions to my house."

"Yeah, okay." Jiwoong nods and gets in the drivers seat.

Since Hanbin, Zhang Hao, and Matthew have to sit in the back seat, Zhang Hao waits, hoping Matthew would sit in the middle so he wouldn't have to sit next to Hanbin.

But once Matthew gets in the car, he sits all the way to the left side. 'Why am I having such bad luck today?' Zhang Hao thinks to himself before getting in the car. Hanbin gets in the car as well, sitting next to him, then closes the door.

Matthew crosses his arms and looks out the window, not wanting to look towards the front of the car where Jiwoong and Ricky are. 'This is so annoying.' He thinks to himself, not even sure why he finds it annoying in the first place. 'Just to give him directions... sure.'

Jiwoong glances at the cars front mirror and can't help but smile when he makes eye contact with him. Matthew quickly looks away, mentally facepalming himself for getting caught.

Honestly, Ricky found Jiwoong cute and all, but it's not like he fell in love at first sight or anything. Along the way, he realized the one Jiwoong liked was Matthew, but since it seems like Matthew doesn't realize that, Ricky has been trying to get him to get jealous. Sometimes that's the way people realize they have feelings for each other.

He can't believe he's being a fifth wheel right now, but at least they all seem happy when they're together. They're in their awkward stage at the moment, which Ricky is curious as to why. What exactly happened just a few minutes ago that's making them act this way?

But this won't be a regular sleepover.

Ricky's planning some things that might work to get these two future couples together already since he can't stand them being awkward with each other.

____________________

We finally got our fandom
name!!!! Zerose/Zeroze!
What do you think? 💙🌹