Thirty-Three

"Here's your coffee." Ricky tells Matthew as he puts the cups in a tray.

"Thank you! I'm looking forward to being the first one to try barista Ricky's coffee." Matthew tells him. "And like I said... two are for you guys." He takes two cups out of the tray and hands them to them.

"Well, thank you. If you like it, let me know. I worked as a barista before, but it was a few years ago."

"I'm sure it'll be good. Let me go give them their coffee." Matthew walks away from them and towards the table Hanbin, Jiwoong, and the girl are sitting at.

After a few minutes, Hanbin walks over to Zhang Hao. "Hao, come sit with us. There's not too many people here anyway. Plus, you don't work here, you don't have to do this."

"It's fine. I like helping."

"It's okay to help, but this is too much... I know it can be tiring. Come on." Hanbin takes his arm and starts walking towards the others. "Yunjin, this is my friend Zhang Hao. Zhang Hao, this is my friend Yunjin."

"Nice to meet you! I've heard so much about you!" She tells him and Hanbin glares at her.

"Nice to meet you, too." Zhang Hao tells her. He's not too sure of what to say since he had never heard of her before.

"Come on, sit." Hanbin tells Hao and they sit next to each other. Matthew and Jiwoong are sitting across from them while Yunjin sits to the side.

"By the way... back in middle school, Hanbin and Matthew used to be super close. So close that they never wanted to make any other friends. Only the three of us were friends and whoever tried to be our friend, would get rejected." Yunjin starts. "But I can see things have changed."

"What? How so?" Matthew asks her. Since they had ordered a piece of cake earlier, Matthew takes a bite and Jiwoong quickly reaches for a napkin and wipes his mouth.

"Did you like the coffee?" Hanbin whispers to Zhang Hao. "Ricky's good at this, isn't he?" He asks him and Hao nods.

Yunjin glances at Hanbin and Zhang Hao, then at Matthew and Jiwoong. "What I mean is that I can see you've gotten close to other people."

"Oh, yeah. It's kind of a long story, but you're staying for a few days, so we'll tell you little by little." Hanbin tells her. "What I didn't know was that Matthew and Jiwoong were close. When did that happen?"

"It kind of just happened." Matthew shrugs. "He's a really good friend."

'Friend.' Jiwoong can't help but feel his heart break.

Zhang Hao notices the look on his face and in that moment, he realizes the one Jiwoong really likes is Matthew, not Hanbin.

Hanbin looks down at his watch and notices it's already 12pm. "Well... Zhang Hao and I will be leaving for a few. You see... I have some violin lessons." He stands up and reaches for Zhang Hao's hand before walking away from them and out of the cafe.

"Did he just say... violin lessons?" Yunjin asks, confused.

"Yeah... Zhang Hao plays the violin, so Hanbin pretended not to know how to so that Zhang Hao would give him lessons... you know... to spend more time with him." Matthew tells her.

"Oh, I see... so in short, he likes him?"

"Yeah, pretty much." Matthew nods.

"Wait, how did this start? Weren't you jealous when they started having a close friendship?"

"I mean... I was at first, but now I have Jiwoong." Matthew rests his head on his shoulder.

_____________

Last update of the day!

Thank you so much for 20k reads!!!
Thank you for your reads, votes, and comments!!! ily 🫶