40: the attempt

⚠️WARNING⚠️

THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER MIGHT BE SENSITIVE TO SOME READERS AS IF INVOLVES TRIGGERING EVENTS SUCH AS SELF H@RM

JINNI'S POV

4:07

I could not sleep. I was on the verge of relapsing after being clean for 2 days now. There were 2 things keeping me back from doing so:

1. I want to die but I can't bring myself to it because I'm scared of what my family would go through

2. Sunoo.

Sunoo, my comfort person. The boy who had confessed his feelings for me just a few hours ago. The boy who stole my heart.

I switched my phone on

04:13
16 April 2023

My birthday I didn't even realise it was my birthday.

1 unread message from 'MOM'

MOM
happy birthday Yunjin~~
Things have been delayed because your grandma is having health problems
I'll be back next week
I love you❤

I switched my phone off after seeing my moms message. I got up and walked around the dark house.

Happy birthday to me

Happy birthday dear Yunjin

Happy birthday to me

I found myself in the bathroom. Running myself a bath of hot water, I made sure to fill the whole tub. I stripped my clothes off.

I sat in the bath tub for a while.

Happy fucking birthday to me

My hand reached for the blade I used last time. I put it against my wrists. Sunoo's face suddenly showed up in my head.

"I-im sorry Sunoo, I love you." I slit my wrist feeling pain. The pain was like my intake of drugs. I was addicted to it. The nicotine i needed in my system.

Several slits on my arms.

Slits on my thighs.

And on my stomach.

I sunk my body into the water further leaving only my head above the surfaces. The now warm water added to the pain. 

"I love you Sunoo."

<>

SUNOO'S POV 

I love you Sunoo

My eyes open, I don't know why but I heard Jinni's voice in my head. Maybe I'm thinking about her too much, but she's so cute who wouldn't think about her 24/7.

No, I needed to check up on her. I tried calling her but it seems like her phone is off.

"Its 5 in the morning, she must be sleeping. I shouldn't think much of it" i tried going back to sleep but i just couldn't.

I had a bad feeling, I had to go to her house. Even if its 5. I got up and put on my clothes, then run out the dorm.

There were no busses at this hour and calling a taxi would take to much time. So i just started running, a morning jog right.

Good thing her house was close by.

(A/n: Lets pretend she lives in Seoul)

I ran up to her door and started knocking. "Jinni!" I shouted but there wasn't an answer. The door was unlocked so I went in.

The house was deadly silent. I went to her room but her bed was empty. The only other room she would be in was the bathroom.

"Jinni..." I had entered the bathroom and saw the tub filled with an ocean of blood, she sat with her eyes closed and he head above water. The razor was on the side of the tub.

I quickly called the ambulance waiting for them while staring at her lifeless body.

"Happy birthday Jinni." I moved closer to her body and looked at the dry tears of her pale face. 

"Y-you promised..." Without knowing I was crying, for the first time in a while, I cried. I leaned my face and kissed her, just a small lip to lip. Her lips felt cold.

"Sorry sir but i need you to step aside!" The paramedic yelled at me.

"Wait you are Sunoo from enhypen." He stated recognizing me.

"Lets keep this confidential and professional and do your job." I said with a weak smile and they carried her body with a blacket.

<>

FUN FACT: i wrote this chapter on Jini's birthday, which was 4 months ago😀

Also Im loving Sunoo in his tiktok era🤩❤

Hope you enjoyed!